Holley Carb ID

-

gzig5

Reaction score
Anyone know what model Holley this might be? It's a vacuum secondary, only has one removable metering block, idle air adjustment on the primary only. There is no choke and far as I can tell, it never had a choke mechanism. I find that odd because the top of it looks like a race type carb, yet it's vac secondary and single metering block which seems more street oriented. I asked and there are no ID numbers on it.
1728051628800.png

1728051658002.png

That pretty much looks like it, minus the choke horn. They did a decent job of blending the edges of the cut. Maybe I'll go take a look. From what I've read the 3310 is a pretty decent carb. May not be able to use it right away but not a bad thing to have on the shelf if I can get it bought well. Get it cleaned out and a fresh gasket set in it.
WTH why not. It's always interesting to try different carbs and see what they do. I wouldn't pay much for it though you can get one on ebay for 50 bucks. A really beautiful rebuild for 200. It was cool you recognized it for what it was.

Those early 3310’s had metering blocks so they are 4150’s.

That is a 4160.

The early ones were about close enough out of the box to work very well on most stuff.

Those early 3310’s had metering blocks so they are 4150’s.

That is a 4160.

The early ones were about close enough out of the box to work very well on most stuff.
They were classified as a 780 if they had the rear metering blocks. But yeah, same carburetor. This one is a 750, though, I do believe.

Pretty sure the original 3310s were 4150, two metering blocks and v/s. From about 3310-2 on up to wherever they are now, ( 3310-23?) they were 4160s, with a rear metering plate.
Cathedral fuel bowls mean it's probably a 3310- 2 or later.

Pretty sure the original 3310s were 4150, two metering blocks and v/s. From about 3310-2 on up to wherever they are now, ( 3310-23?) they were 4160s, with a rear metering plate.
Cathedral fuel bowls mean it's probably a 3310- 2 or later.
I think the older 3310 on my Dart has two blocks

Post the numbers from base plate , throttle body and metering plates . I have a Holley list book and can look up the applications tomorrow. I have done that before on carbs with choke horn milled off.

The square shaped entry on the primaries and the hole in the deck for a choke rod are dead giveaways that it once had a choke horn and it’s been milled off. Holleys that were born without a choke horn have a radiused entry on both primary and secondary sides. As said above, later model 3310 and a good carb.

Post the numbers from base plate , throttle body and metering plates . I have a Holley list book and can look up the applications tomorrow. I have done that before on carbs with choke horn milled off.
It's a moot point now. I couldn't get there yesterday because of my son's football game and it got sold. It was a pretty good deal too. The carb, a 2" spacer and a Mopar M1 single plane intake for $150 asking. Not that I really need it because I have a brand new single plane M1 and three thermoquads on the shelf already. But, I figured it would be good to have a Holley in the quiver for testing and I could probably clean up and flip the intake for more than I would have had in it.

Thanks for all the info, I learned a few things.

It's a moot point now. I couldn't get there yesterday because of my son's football game and it got sold. It was a pretty good deal too. The carb, a 2" spacer and a Mopar M1 single plane intake for $150 asking. Not that I really need it because I have a brand new single plane M1 and three thermoquads on the shelf already. But, I figured it would be good to have a Holley in the quiver for testing and I could probably clean up and flip the intake for more than I would have had in it.

Thanks for all the info, I learned a few things.
You're right, that package was a helluva good deal for $150. Sorry it got away. 150 for the intake and spacer wouldn't be a bad deal, makes the carb a freebie. My opinion, anyway....

You're right, that package was a helluva good deal for $150. Sorry it got away. 150 for the intake and spacer wouldn't be a bad deal, makes the carb a freebie. My opinion, anyway....
It was a good deal but I hesitated a bit before pursuing it because at some point I have to quit collecting parts and get my car together and on the road!! I have one car (complete 73 Cuda in bodywork stage) but have full set of spare fenders, doors, quarters, seats, heater box, most interior panels, dash core, K-frame, B-body rear, and on and on. Car is currently 340/727 but I am converting to manual and have standard A833 as well as 833OD, two clutches, two bell housings, spare complete 340 and spare complete 360, two aftermarket cams, four intakes, three carbs, and three sets of headers. Pretty sure if I could find another frame I could build a second fairly complete car from the stuff I have accumulated. I must admit that the hunt for deals on interesting parts is a lot of the fun for me, and is why I have two full quarters and a roof skin in my wife's dining room. :lol:

-
Back