Honda Odyssey whining noise

-

rich006

Learning as I go
Reaction score
Not Mopar but I trust y'all.

My 2006 Odyssey started making a whining or whistling noise. It doesn't start until after 20 minutes of 65-70mph driving. It stops momentarily when my foot is on the brake, and it stops when I am changing lanes to the right. It goes away when I slow down.

Ideas?

I don't have any ideas even though I had an Odyssey (2010 I think). The automatic sliding side door stopped working or only worked sometimes. I researched it on the internet and found many videos of people with the same problem and how to fix it. It all helped to solve the problem. Try searching "2006 Odyssey stops when braking" or "2006 Odyssey stops when changing lanes"!!!

maybe the brake-pad screechers are starting to drag. Those are the little tabs that the manufacturer installs on the pads to contact the rotor as the pad nears the end of it's life, to tell you it's time to check the pad-wear.

Might try disconnecting and plugging the big vacuum hose going to the brake booster. If the diaphragm is ruptured, they can sometimes squeal or whistle. But be prepared to depress the pedal HARD in order to stop. Try it short distances first to get used to it. You don't want to have an accident.

Not Mopar but I trust y'all.

My 2006 Odyssey started making a whining or whistling noise. It doesn't start until after 20 minutes of 65-70mph driving. It stops momentarily when my foot is on the brake, and it stops when I am changing lanes to the right. It goes away when I slow down.

Ideas?

If it's whining, have you done the scheduled PM's and checked fluids in the differential or cv joints for wear?

edit: after re-reading the comments about screeching, go get some brake cleaner and see if the reduces or eliminates the sound for a few hundred feet. Look at the disks and see if they are scored. If it's screeching, what AJ said.

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FJsgt7Ac6WYs%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg

Did I miss that this Forum turned into an ATV Forum? lol.
Honda did not make an Odyssey ATV in 2006. They did us a solid by AT LEAST not overlapping the years of production on that crap

-
Back