Hood change opinion

-
ALLEYOOPMGV.:happy2:..thank you very much for the complament on my car....didnt think anyone here really liked the DUSTPAN

I think your car is sharp the way it is. Put some different wheels on it to change the look.

If you must change the look of the hood you could alway do something like this.

Attachments

• IMG00080-20110622-1933-425x318.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 242
The car looks great the way it is. I don't know about where you live, but around here, I'm one of the very few Mopars. Wouldn't matter what hoodscoop I had, I'd still be one of a few.Cowl hoods look great on alot of cars,including 70up Darts and Demons, but it just doesn't work with your front end.IMO

I'm ok with the cowl hoods on the Demons and Dusters, think they compliment the body lines well. Don't think they would work on most other mopars quite as well from a looks stand point.

I must say your car looks pretty damn nice as is though.

Your car looks great as is...I would rather see you mount your dual snorkel hood scoop backwards than see a chevy cowl hood on it...

If you want to change up the hood...mount a blower on that pretty engine of yours, and cut out a big hole!!!!

Paul

I wouldn't dare put a cowl hood on my Duster because it gets called a Nova all the time as it is. I tell younger guys it's a Duster and they ask me what kind of a car is that but I feel it's your car and if you want a cowl hood run it.

I want to freakin' slap every person who calls my Duster a Nova! The question I have is who came out with the cowl hood first, chivvy or Mopar as on the '70 RR and GTX? Yeah I know the Mopar is not actually a cowl hood but the shapes are similar. There is a pic somewhere of a orange a Duster with a Air Grabber. Looks cool as hell.

Some cudas just need horns on them, I wonder if it has some of those bull balls hanging from the rear bumper

If you want to change up the hood...mount a blower on that pretty engine of yours, and cut out a big hole!!!!

Paul

A Blower looks awesome on everything. It could be on a Ford, Chevy, Dodge or a Briggs & Straton Lawn Mower... Awesome :D

Direct Connection used to offer a Cowl Scooped Hood for A-bodies. My '73 Dart Sport had one on it (it's now bolted on my '72 Demon because I'm too lazy to swap hoods at the moment). The '73 also had a Direct Connection Ductail Spoiler on it too, swapped that trunk lid & spoiler onto my '74 Duster

What size and backspace are your wheels and tires? What rear and length are you running? Is that caltracs? How do you like them? Sorry for all the questions.

front tires are 205/50/17 with 17x7 with a 4.25 backspace
rear tires are 28 tall 10 1/2 wide 17 with 17x8 with a 4.50 backspace

rear end is a A body 8.75 with 3.91 gear

not caltracs...they are competion engineerings... slide a link...and I love them...a few here have taken there caltracs off and put these on..they work fine for the street :D dont worry questions are good....glad I could help ya

:burnout: :burnout:

Your car looks great as is...I would rather see you mount your dual snorkel hood scoop backwards than see a chevy cowl hood on it...

Paul

put a blower on that pretty engine of mine...noooo i love the EFI on it...and if I did put a blower...more money in pistons and cam and what ever else...i guess the car stays the way it is for NOW...thanks for all imput...atleast it is NOT a Chevrolet NOVA....:D

Cowls are for Chivvvvies -- at least keep it Mopar or totally after market. Be creative -- I like to be different. :D

My Demon a few years ago (now have a "correct" dual scooped '71 hood on it) --

DSCF0233b.jpg

My daughter's '67 Bcuda --

DSCF2650.jpg

well the Duster got smashed last weekend by a Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am...over 6500 damage to my car...best part...he didnt have insurance...what a asshat to have a collector car and no insurance.for that matter any car with no insurance..so...the other bad news...i have to replce the hood...so i went with the AAR Cowl hood....going to either go with the color of the car...or color of the car and satin black on the sides of the cowl to set it off...dont u just love people with no insurance...so now I guess i can take my car to SUPER CHEVY LOL LOL

Good choice with the cowl hood.. I like the way they look and sorry to hear of the wreck. Down here when someone hits you like this with no insurance you can take them to court and if they cannot pay the state will yank the license.. Still have a guy without a license for 10 years now as I will not give up on him paying me back...

a friend is lookung at a 6 pack setup, how do you like yours? and who slls one like yours??
Thanks,
Jim

Jim I love my set up....the tune is right on..the car flies with it...I dont have to keep tuning the carbs anymore...turn key and go buddy...

F&B Thottle Bodies built mine...The kit came with EVERYTHING you need to get it running...EVERYTHING...

Dont know of anyone else right now that does a set up like mine...there may be others...but I dont know of them...U seen it this summer...everyone talked about the set up...may not of won alot of trophies....but she got a crowd looking at her...

Well i went and bought the cowl hood from AAR...new owner...really nice guy as well...took a week to get...now its at the body shop with the car...all I have to do now is find weaker springs from a K car or a 80s Daytona I was told will fit...unless someone else here has a better idea for weaker springs to get the hood to work correctly....thanks in advance

wayne

Attachments

• photo (95).JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 170
here is the hood on the car...no door yet...quarter is fixed...not to get the door and paint...then the hood will look better with paint....I like it...

maybe i can it in super chevy :blob:

:burnout:

Attachments

• photo (150).JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 149
  • photo (151).JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 157
-
Back