Hood Mounted blinker

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The screw is the ground. The amber part in your picture just pushes down and there is a bayonet style bulb underneath. I had to run a tiny bead of solder on the copper portion of the assembly to make sure contact to ground was made when the screw was installed. Worked like a champ. For some reason you need the ground here to have working brake lites. BTW, it helps to pull on the bulb with tight fitting piece of vacuum hose, just slide it over the bulb and lightly squeeze while pulling the bulb upward. Good luck.

The bulb from my '71 is only accessed after unscrewing the wire from the bottom of the housing and then inside was a bulb with single contact in the center. Since it isn't a bayonet bulb, I'm not sure what I'm looking for as far as a replacement. Guys at the auto parts store were stumped.

I have a 73 Scamp with the fender mounted lights, and had to replace both bulbs, they sell them in classic industries. A bit expensive.

I just took mine apart and it is bulb # 194 sylvania brand. Hope I helped ya!!

Just pulled the passenger side out and it is a GE 330. Driver side failed because of moisture. Bulb housing was rusted to the light housing. That was a cluster. Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back