Hood spring question

-
Grind the stakes, apon reassembly, tack a small piece of bar stock over the opening.

OR

if tgere us enough post put a speed nut (one way washer) on like is oem on my 67 dart.

Heck if you plan on taking it apart a lot. Dril and tap a small hole on one side and put a bolt and washer

Thanks. I
@73Dart340Sport

What are you trying to fix by removing your springs?

The hood is fiberglass and is beginning to buckle from the old springs that were made for a heavier hood.

don’t weld(sadly).

Victory!
4EA8F87C-6E21-40C1-B6D7-798ABA584B2F.jpeg

Grind the stakes, apon reassembly, tack a small piece of bar stock over the opening.

OR

if tgere us enough post put a speed nut (one way washer) on like is oem on my 67 dart.

Heck if you plan on taking it apart a lot. Dril and tap a small hole on one side and put a bolt and washer
I have only heard of “one way washers”. Where do I get them? Ace? Napa?

Yeah that's odd because I was just putting mine on and I connected one and it held the hood without me even connecting the other one. I actually while I walked over to the other side and connected the other one.
It is the factory fastener, just a one way washer.

Ace is the place....
my ACE doesn’t have it. I’ve spent the last hour trying to find one on the internet over 3/8. The stud my spring mounts on is 3/4”. Tough size to find.

I want to say I have a couple on my shelf for if I put a full weight hood on...
I must have just bought a couple from someone and took the springs off cuz now I just have a post that I throw in the back seat to hold the hood up. It's actually a feather duster Hood with a massive hole in it for my dual quad tunnel ram. So it's extremely light...

-
Back