How are year one 10" brake Drums?

-
I bought mine at autozone a couple of years ago and iv'e had no problem with them. I think around 40 bucks a piece, but year one would probably charge 20 a piece to ship em. I know autozone has a lot of cheap stuff, but they probably came off the same china boat as year one. at least you can go look at them at az. dave.

I agree. Year One is a re-seller of other companies parts. They can be very expensive, especially their shipping so buy from the actual suppliers anytime you can.

I would like to find the kind with grooves in the lug stud holes!... Autozone only got one size of 10" & its not the right size of 10" & they don't have no more of the other 10", but yet its steel listed on their web site!.. Advance don't have them no more when I went & ask, so looks like shopping online or Napa!

I would like to find the kind with grooves in the lug stud holes!... Autozone only got one size of 10" & its not the right size of 10" & they don't have no more of the other 10", but yet its steel listed on their web site!.. Advance don't have them no more when I went & ask, so looks like shopping online or Napa!

How about posting a picture of what you are looking for. It sounds like you are talking about the 73 up drums and I think they are different than your 72 drums.

I too just looked at auto zone advance online and called the store... what a joke!!!
year one... don't get me started!!!! LOL

I would like to find the kind with grooves in the lug stud holes!...

Explain, please.........you don't need "grooves in the lug stud holes" that I've ever seen.

I wish I could find one with grooves, because other don't fit all the way over the log bolt stud & the holes just mash out more over time! So what brand might would have that!... yell I was hoping yearone would have ones that have groove holes & Mopar symbol stamped on it wear they have other stuff that looks like stock, but don't seem that way!

Attachments

• drumclose.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 139
  • drumme.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 158
I wish I could find one with grooves, because other don't fit all the way over the log bolt stud & the holes just mash out more over time! So what brand might would have that!... yell I was hoping yearone would have ones that have groove holes & Mopar symbol stamped on it wear they have other stuff that looks like stock, but don't seem that way!

From your picture the grooves you are talking about is where the drum & studs were swedged together. They don't make them with the grooves. Read here and see picture on post 14

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=197473&highlight=swedged

^^All you need to do "if necessary" is ream the holes out. Make sure the studs are not swedged / swadged that is mushroomed like a rivet.

Studs do NOT need to fit tightly into the holes in a drum. The only thing which centers a drum is the center hole.

Another option is to take a die grinder, Dremel or a file and grind down the swedged edges on the studs. Another option is to replace the studs but you may still have to grind down the swedged edges.

I got one drum deff, on the other side, Had a drum with a deep groove inside of it, got one from advance about 11 years ago when I was a teen & had no money for 2 drums, but got it to brake even, its done fine a long time, but now I got prob. & I think the stud holes in the drum that douse not have grooves may be the prob. because the holes have mash out more over the years.
I may see if I can find a good used set of stock drums & just have them turned, if I do need drums!

-
Back