HOW BAD IS IT!

-
Ok so I managed to get it out! What a B**ch! Did I mention that these are heavy!

Turns there was only about a half pint of oil in it! :wtf:

Look at how dry it is inside!
Trans 2.jpg

See the bent Syncro (to the right)
Trans 1.jpg

Here a piece of the a Syncro
3.jpg

Fortunately these transmission are pretty stout because all the gear look to be in good shape still.

Last edited:
Yeah I called the guy I bought it from, and he had said the drivetrain pulled out to have the engine rebuild, and then sent the engine and trans as an assembly to the guy doing the restoration, I guess nobody checked to see if there was oil in the trans in the process!

And that is a crying shame,,,
Be sure to check the fluid level in the diff, that the front end and drive shaft fittings got lubed,,,
I believe I would be getting that car up on a lift and with a good torque wrench going over every fastener I could get to, make sure there are cotter pins installed where required,not saying it is not a great car, it is, but obviously someone skipped a very important step.

Last edited:
Ok so I managed to get it out! What a B**ch! Did mention that these are heavy!

Turns there was only about a half pint of oil in it! :wtf:

Look at how dry it is inside!
View attachment 1715034393
See the bent Syncro (to the right)
View attachment 1715034391

Here a piece of the a Syncro
View attachment 1715034394

Fortunately these transmission are pretty stout because all the gear look to be in good shape still.
Second pic, look at the chunks out of that gear on the right. I would have it checked out and new bearings put in.

all the gears look pretty good, the slider forks are toast. I'm going to tear it down and go through for sure!:thumbsup:

Just thought I'd give an update and thought I'd show everyone what can happen to A833 when driven with no oil (for who knows how long )
20170415_151739_resized.jpg

See how blued these are!

20170415_151951_resized.jpg

So do you think l can still use this syncro ring:rolleyes:

-
Back