How do you keep water out of the carb on a funtional scoop?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I saw for the snorkel scoop, they have to small holes with gaskets. That makes sense, but once I install my engine I think it might be a bit tall, so I'll need a bigger hole. How do I keep water out of a let say? 12" hole and a scoop? Someone must have done this? Put a bag over the snorkel or something????

Thanks!

Don't drive in the rain! I have a 6 pack scoop, drag radials, and no wipers. I just don't drive in the rain.

Don't drive in the rain! I have a 6 pack scoop, drag radials, and no wipers. I just don't drive in the rain.

move out to las vegas.....

you can stuff a piece of foam to block to scoop......maybe drill small hole in air cleaner base plate....

i've seen guys put shower caps over there scoop openings.i got caught in the rain once with 6pack scoop and 1150 dom.and it was a pretty bad storm. the car semed to run better after it.(and you put armor all on windshield)

Dude, I drive in the rain and have a humongous hemi hood scoop and tall air filter that sucks in plenty of rain.
It does not hurt anything.

I have driven this car in terrential downpours, not by choice, with tons of rain coming in the scoop with ZERO issues.

Everyone I have talked to about this have all told me they have never had a problem driving in the rain with their hood scoop cars.

5-4.jpg

I've asked this before, because Aaron and I need to cut a hole in his Duster hood to clear his air cleaner. Was basically told not to worry about driving in rain. The air cleaner will keep most of the water out, and what does get through is not harmful. Some folks actually have water injection systems, don't they Ted?

Say, dusterdon, is that a bolt-on six pack scoop, or molded fiberglass hood? What year model Duster? I'm still trying to find a bolt-on for Aaron's '74 hood - they're always too wide.

Jerry

-
Back