How do you like your Mopar, stock, pro street, restomod, etc.?

-
I personally have no use or interest in OEM-restored muscle-cars.

I'm not that into them myself but glad there's people persevering them, any non top tier muscle-cars is fair game for modding to me.

Stock appearing inside and out with the best factory suspension, 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear, and an engine built to "Stock Class" specs with a custom solid flat tappet cam running through factory manifolds and exhaust. Kelsey-Hayes disc brakes. Tires need to be V rated or higher and have a wear rating of 300 or less. I have zero interest in pro street, restomod, or tube chassis. I like to drive my cars and enjoy them.

Last edited:
Mostly stock looking. Closer to stock for anything really rare. I like using factory parts that may not have been available on that particular year or model. Not very interested in aftermarket bling.

I like Vixen just the way she's turned out so far. We can jump in and drive her anywhere.

I like the performance upgraded street/strip efforts. No more than a mini tubed setup. And under the hood performance builds. Maybe some classic scoop options. Like that of the SS scoop on A-bodies. Like that of my Duster. But my '69 GTX? wouldn't dream of cutting a whole in that classic air grabber hood. If one needs a 1/4 mi ET goal? No more than 9.90. Anything more? Danger on the street goes up exponentially. Let alone the additional strip racing and licensing requirements.

JMO

ZomboDroid 27062021135616.jpg

20190601_173704.jpg

I like the performance upgraded street/strip efforts. No more than a mini tubed setup. And under the hood performance builds. Maybe some classic scoop options. Like that of the SS scoop on A-bodies. Like that of my Duster. But my '69 GTX? wouldn't dream of cutting a whole in that classic air grabber hood. If one needs a 1/4 mi ET goal? No more than 9.90. Anything more? Danger on the street goes up exponentially. Let alone the additional strip racing and licensing requirements.

JMO

View attachment 1715936731

View attachment 1715936732
Is the GTX acrylic enamel? I really love the way it doesn't shine "too much". Beautiful car.

Is the GTX acrylic enamel? I really love the way it doesn't shine "too much". Beautiful car.
I'm unsure. The car was made from 2 GTX and at least one sports satellite parts that I can figure. Thus not close to numbers matching. But is period correct. Who did this was 25+ years ago. And passed away years ago. Car sat 15+ years in a Chevy lover's pull barn. He attempted to sell me a '71 Nova for near same price. My answer was consistent. "Just the facts on the Plymouth sir." I drove the car home 250 mi. Ran like a champ. (Poor chase truck trying to keep up. Lol) That was 4 years ago of this "Just another Plymouth tale."

Quick walk around vid.

Current builder. 64 Savoy slant car that screams to me, build it like the 64 Savoy you built 30 years ago. A Super Stock "sorta: clone-ish Mopar. B body guys will say "YAWN!" another SS clone.
It is getting a 383 4 speed, A100 style seats from SmittyBilt (check it out) a 67 B rear end, NO back seat. I guess the lack of back seat makes it a SS clone!? LOL

I've had the "stock" can't change anything numbers car. Fact is they pretty much suck to drive in todays traffic. My current Barracuda has a built 340, tubular suspension , disc brakes with drilled and slotted rotors, and it runs and drives better than "stock". I also think I nailed the "Look"

IMG_1505.JPG

as long as they are tastefully done and don't look to have every pep boys stick on done to it i can like it..

me personally, how i like them.. kinda a day 2, pro toruing "lite" look.. i prefer the body without any major mods, 15-18" wheels, suspension set up to handle much better then the 70's. could be improved stock stuff or an all out alter-k-tion. the interior i like basically stockish but want comfortable seats as long as i can match the rear to the front or vise versa.. as for the driveline i like more mild but a little pep.. prefer it to run on 87 octane, love to have OD but gear venders is about the only choice unless i want to cut and i usually don't want to do that (i guess it depends what i'm starting with too) and gears no more then a 3.23. i want to be able to take it on long drives/vacations.. its all about drivability for me.

things sure have changed. when i was young it was give me all the power i can get and who cars how it does anything but go in a straight line.. now that i'm older i want to take them on long road trips and enjoy the trip.

-
Back