How Do You Store Zip Ties?

-

kend

Reaction score
Looking for ideas on storing zip ties in the car trailer, any suggestions?

Not tie downs, the plastic zip ties.

I use a piece of PVC pipe with a cap on the end. That would work well in a trailer. Just get a bracket the right diameter and mount it on the wall somewhere.

Really, has it come to this??

Where do you store your collection of sea shells? Or your atlas of Tanzania?

This has to be the most random question in the history of the internet. Put the zip ties in the glove compartment. Done.

I don't collect sea shells or have an atlas of Tanzania. Nor do I have a glove box in the car trailer, never seen one actually.

The car trailer is the thing that attaches to the rear of the car, when it (the car trailer) is in use.

The cars glove compartment is of sufficient size to contain errant zip ties.

No special attachments, compartments, hold-alls, needed. This solution is the most brilliant one, as it also saves money, and effort.

Last edited:
A lot of people actually use trucks to tow their car trailer.

A survey of truck owners concluded that trucks are larger than cars and therefore have a greater capacity to store cabin items (such as zip ties). Many trucks have multiple storage compartments.

Now I know why the post counts are so high, nothing constructive just nonstop bs entertainment... :thumbsup:

But if you'd prefer to store them in the trailer and not the RV which tows said trailer, now what? I'm in a panic here, I have a bazillion zip ties all over the trailer floor and don't know what to do :icon_fU:

I actually gave a good idea and get nothing. I saw nothing wrong with the question.

find a spot where you would like them, a workbench leg for instance

grab all tie wraps in non dominant hand, with the locking side up

now, with your dominant hand, pick ONE zip tie out of the bunch

wrap that one zippie tie around the rest of them, AND the place you want to mount them (be very careful not to wrap the zippie tie wrap around your dominant hand)

insert the tail end of that one zippie dippie tie wrap in its own locking end and tighten it

done

(be beauty of this set up is that you can keep tightening the one zippie dippie tie tie wrap up as you remove other zippie dippie tie tie wrap-pap-pap up)

either that, or stick a handful of them in your sock

How about in the silverware drawer ?
You can put them in the knife slot, and put the knives with the forks.

I just keep them in the bags they come in. Thumb tack the bags to the wall if you have to. The trick is not to destroy the bag upon opening and scatter them all over to begin with. Several bags will stack together nicely in a drawer or small tote with the rest of the electrical stuff and tools so you have one package with everything in it.

the computer tech support guys have a little deal on a belt clip that is pretty handy

Rack-A-Tiers Tie Lips Cable Tie Dispenser

the idea is so simple, might be able to make something on the same idea.

RAC1054.jpg

RAT-43800-2.jpg

Really, has it come to this??

Where do you store your collection of sea shells? Or your atlas of Tanzania?

This has to be the most random question in the history of the internet. Put the zip ties in the glove compartment. Done.
But that's where I keep my bottle of driving whiskey

-
Back