How Far Back Does Your Seat Go?

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
64 Valiant, 2 door sedan. I "feel" like my front seat doesn't adjust all the way back. It might just be my fatass, I'm not sure. Can someone post a picture of your front seat all the way back so I can see how much of the seat track is exposed at the front? I'm thinking I have another few inches, but I would like to see others. Thank you

To answer your question, not far enough!
You should have 3 holes in your seat mount brackets.
You can remove the studs and move them forward to give you more travel backward.

My 66 Barracuda seats are all the way back and I’m 6ft tall. It’s tight but when my oldest gets in at 6’3” he’s cramped. My youngest sits in the back at 250Lbs and 6’ and he is just so happy to be riding in the car (16yo) he does not care about the crunching in back when his brother is in the front seat. Yea people must had been smaller back then.

My 66 Barracuda seats are all the way back and I’m 6ft tall. It’s tight but when my oldest gets in at 6’3” he’s cramped. My youngest sits in the back at 250Lbs and 6’ and he is just so happy to be riding in the car (16yo) he does not care about the crunching in back when his brother is in the front seat. Yea people must had been smaller back then.

You pretty much described my situation. I may get those relocation brackets.

To answer your question, not far enough!
You should have 3 holes in your seat mount brackets.
You can remove the studs and move them forward to give you more travel backward.
Not only putting them in the forward but adding some washers under the front to tilt it back a little bit...

How timely.

I just replaced 2 cracked/broken roller guides and lubed the tracks for my 73 buckets.

I noticed the plastic guides can go in either way and are longer on one side (the side with the ball bearings).

I must have put them in the opposite way from how they come out because it feels like my seat does not go back as far as it did before.

Now I have to take them back out and all apart to turn those guides around.

It's about 3/4 of an inch but it feels like I'm stuffed 6 inches closer to the steering wheel and pedals.

check these out from YearOne if you do end up needing some extra room. I've got a set that came with my car I haven't installed yet but they seem to be great quality.
1966-74 A B E-Body Universal Seat Relocation Brackets

Thanks for this. I got these and installed them tonight. You wouldn't think 1 1/2" would make that much difference, but it sure does. If any of the rest of yall want to get these, get through Amazon like I did. Free shippin and the same price as Year One. They even came from Year One, but they wanted 15 bucks shippin.

-
Back