how long

-

John Morrow

Mopars and Harleys
Reaction score
How long has everyone had there car? I have had mine for 14 years. Some of the folks in my Mopar Club with the execption of a few have sold and or traded there cars and have somthing new from when our club started some 12 years ago. They gig me about it every now and then, but I like my car. I just wondered how others get attached to the car.

Got mine as a slant six with cheap paint, a little under 2 years ago when I about to turn 16. I love it to death

I got attached to mine because, you know, first car and all :)

Valiant- 9 years
Dart- about 5 years

Manila Feb 09 198_1.jpg

Coming up on 6 years...Slow, but steady progress, 2007 Tahoma Senior High cool car award, 750+ 1/4 mile runs, many round wins, two track championships, countless great times. Paint is next on the list (later this year)...The love still burning strong!

10729_126168357606_670167606_2495446_7266707_n.jpg

n670167606_1607694_1579950.jpg

Had my Scamp 10 years. Just redone 2 years ago with a big block.

carlisle Scamp2.JPG

Well It sounds like Im not alone in getting attached to a car. I wish I had kept my first car and my first Mopar when I was 16, a yellow with black stripes Dart Sport 360 car. We have 3 guys in our club ( around 50 members ) who bought ther cars brand new... two 68's and one 69 and still have them. I think thats cool.

Well I have wanted one for a very long time. I was in the Army. For me it was hard to find a place to work on one, I i never fullfiled my dreams. I bought mine for my 40 birthday, 6 months before I retired from the army.

I bought my 65 GT convert in 1984 so I'll have had mine for 26 years this coming March. Have owned the 65 Signet convert since Jul '03; the 65 Barracuda since Jul '04, and the 65 Dart wagon since Sep '04. When I buy something I tend to keep them a long time.

How long has everyone had there car? I have had mine for 14 years. Some of the folks in my Mopar Club with the execption of a few have sold and or traded there cars and have somthing new from when our club started some 12 years ago. They gig me about it every now and then, but I like my car. I just wondered how others get attached to the car.

I've had my 440 Notchback for a little over 19 years.

I've owned the Dart for 10 years now. I guess I'm tired of regretting the loss of all the other neat cars I've sold when younger. Including four 340 equipt a-bodies!

Well I have wanted one for a very long time. I was in the Army. For me it was hard to find a place to work on one, I i never fullfiled my dreams. I bought mine for my 40 birthday, 6 months before I retired from the army.

Jeff.. for 22 Years of service to the United States Army, I thank you. :thumbup:

I am glad you got your car.

Wow lets see, one 69 Swinger I bought in Florida in 1976, kind of gave it to the ex brother in law and he beat it up so I bought it back. It was like out of my posession for maybe a year. My other 69 Swinger I've owned since 1980. Both 340 cars. One is bone stock the other I cracked the block in years ago. That was very sad for me. Oh, and there's the rebuilt 426 Hemi I've had sitting since 1982. I guess you could say I get attached. My other 69 Dart slant car I've had since 1996.

My 70 AARCuda i have owned for almost 37 years...

the 71 Dart about 8 yrs.

Had my race car since '01(bought it in a salvage yard). It took 3 years to get together.( Had cardiac pacemaker surgery in '03 that slowed me down a bit) Had my street car('71 EV2 Demon) since '07...... Should be driving it this spring.

I've had my Duster 8 years, It was the first car i have ever owned and even bought it myself.

My first car was a '71 scamp that I regretfully say I smashed into the rearend of a truck. But that car got me hooked on mopar enough that when I got my duster 3 years ago I promised myself that it will never be sent down the road. My dad has told me too many stories about the cars he has had in his lifetime like the 71 GTX he had in 73 when he got out of the navy.

It will be 21 years this year with the Charger. 12 years with the Road Runner. And Lancer 5 years.

ive only had my 70 dart since september 09 but i plan on keepin it the rest of my life, and hopefully collect a few more A, B and E bodies on the way. cmon 73 Charger(uncles car) and 68 'Cuda(cool car haha)

Wow, Some have had there cars a long time! I plan on keeping mine till I die, I never say Ill NEVER get rid of it cause I know bad things come along, I know things happen to force you to sell as with some members on here. I have a few other things that would go before the demon does. I love to ride, I have a 05 Electra Glide, and a few other toys ...house ..lol that I would give up before the car. GOD and my wife and family come first..... but the car is up there pretty high.

-
Back