How many /6s in your stash?

-
I have found that the biggest mistake is selling a garage full of parts. I had a ton of F body parts, sold them and now I need that stuff for the aspen wagon I have now. Now I'm buying back the stuff I had for way more money than I sold it for years ago.

So the lesson is: don't sell a garage full of parts!!
Even better, BUY a garage full of parts :usflag:
I have stuff Ive been hanging on to for alomost 30 years. I recently pulled a Carter BBD out of my stash and am rebuilding it for a prospective buyer,well I'm going to bolt it on his engine and if it works he'll make me an offer sort of thing if not, I'll know it works and pass it on to someone else. Try and find a working Carter BBD these days...

I have found that the biggest mistake is selling a garage full of parts. I had a ton of F body parts, sold them and now I need that stuff for the aspen wagon I have now. Now I'm buying back the stuff I had for way more money than I sold it for years ago.

So the lesson is: don't sell a garage full of parts!!
Even better, BUY a garage full of parts :usflag:
That is also SO very true. WAYYYY back in the late 90s I had a place, garage out further in the sticks where I did my car builds and had plenty of room for tons of parts. But back then I could take parts to swaps around Mo and Ks Ne and also could afford to haul a load to mopar nats. ( I never sold many parts from my garage as I was too far out. ) The Nats!?? NOT now!! and It was a never ending deal of having parts for sale. No one back then would ever buy a whole ton of parts and if they did they would want to pay ten cents on the dollar. I GAVE a BIG truck load of parts to a good bud in Tn that had put me onto a ton of good parts over the years. I was then OUT of parts!!!!!!! Only parts I would ever buy from then out was maybe a spare for my current "keeper"!

But you are correct, every time you sell off a part, you will need it later IF you are continuing to build/restore old Mopars! And in general, part gets harder to find and price tends to go up! And''' round here every old rusted out, partially parted out 4 door t***out in some pasture is, they think!!!, worth $4000!!!! :thumbsup::realcrazy::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::popcorn:

I have a whole 72 340 intake thermoquad trapdoor air cleaner setup that ive been hanging on to. Im sure I have most of the engine also I know I have the 1.88 J heads LOL! I hung on to it because its "340" stuff

YOU know you have "issues" when you buy ANOTHER a project car that is missing half it parts because YOU know you have all the parts needed to build the thing!!! Right!?? :thumbsup: :BangHead: :poke:

I always am on the hunt for another A body to drop one of my 340s in... I was looooking at a 66 barracuda with a slant in it.. thing is 273 cars in decent shape are up in price the 6 is under 10 grand at least maybe 6 or 7.

I always am on the hunt for another A body to drop one of my 340s in... I was looooking at a 66 barracuda with a slant in it.. thing is 273 cars in decent shape are up in price the 6 is under 10 grand at least maybe 6 or 7.
These Mopars keep getting high and higher. My last two project cars I bought were FORDS!!!!! :poke: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
Part of the problem is most of the old Mopar projects around here are owned by crackheads!!!! Any old car with a cockeyed sitting motor gotta be worth a mint!!!!!!!
:rofl:

I have six 170s and one 225 not in vehicles, plus the 225 in Vixen. I wish I could find a few more 225s.
I’ve still got one (maybe 2 if I pull the one in my Scamp) with your name on it. If I ever get my shop done, I’ll have to drag the valiant parts car home and pull it.

I've only got one, but I have my eye on a machine shop fresh block with a forged crank. I just can't decide if I want to go down the road of building a performance slant...

I have enough parts and pieces to assemble 4 long blocks. You never know what may come up, and it's not like they are making new ones any more.

I also have 3 extra a904s, just in case.

I have two 225 slant 6's that "ran when pulled" that I consider cores for rebuilding... They are between 64 and 66 vintage...

However I got rid of all my slant cars and don't need them anymore...

-
Back