How many members can currently afford to work on their project car?

-
as long as i dont have to buy anything i can keep busy
i also sell stuff i dont need to fund what i do need

How many members can currently afford to work on their car?

i can bcoz im only into it for materials only...i do all the labor myself on pretty much everything and take one thing at a time

i prioritize it ....no fancy phone...no phone at all and i make my own clothes and try to do everything else on the cheap

I am confused?
Work on their own car, I work on all of mine except my wifes, because it is still under warrenty.

I already have 90% of my parts on hand so my problem is more of a motivation problem. Just like right now, I should be outside working in the garage, rather than on this computer.

I already have 90% of my parts on hand so my problem is more of a motivation problem. Just like right now, I should be outside working in the garage, rather than on this computer.

Wow, me too LOL

sir, you are absolutely right ....ok see you all later ...im going to the shop right now. PM me if you need me for anything and i will get back with you later after i get some real work done

i would be out working my current project but its too damn cold lol

That is me too. The times I have to work on it, seems there always something that comes up that I have to do instead. Then the weather bites me in the butt and I still don't get it done since my shop is not heated.

Man its tough. Lately I've only been able to afford small bits and pieces. Last week I finally resorted to trying to trade some of my 69 stuff for 68 so I don't have to spend. Any other time I would have just bought what was needed without hesitation. Its hard to find anything much of value for under a few hundred bucks for these old rides anymore.

What my car really needs is a full TTI header back x-pipe system, but $800...........gonna have to wait a bit. Hopefully this coming year will pickup for everyone and let us get back to building our dream cars.

I finally got to the point in life where I can afford what I want. The problem is I just don't have the time. I do my own work plus working 7 days a week make my hobby a slow process.

Wow, me too LOL

Well what are you waiting for??? Step away from the keyboard, back away from the monitor and head out to the garage...don't look over your shoulder...now go....that work isn't gonna get done by itself yaknow..:D:D:D

Same here. I can't afford to do anything. I just sold 2 transmissions and some spindles to buy my K-member.

ive been doing a lot of trading lately which has been working out great.
i finally have 99% of what i need to put my 440 together

I seem to suffer from this too, and I have close to every part. I have some cash stashed away, but one day I'll need it to fill the tank.

I do all my own work, as I'v been a certified tech for most of my life, and I have accumlated tons of parts over the years, so for me it's not a matter of being able to afford it, but rather the time. As soon as the holidays are over, I will get back to my current project of building an automatic trans. for the duster, so I can swap out the 4 speed , and do a little racing in the spring.

Just spent way too much on parts. Thank goodness for 00000 interest for 15 months on Discover and their cash back!!! I really should not have spent the money though, I was being selfish!

However, it's 15 degrees out, no heat in the metal garage I have so it's going to have to wait till it warms up.

I need to sell my NEW Hooker super comp HEMI "A" body headers so I can fund some TTI's for a "B" body.

I bought my cuda in 06 spent money on upgrades [ssbc disk conv. carb/intake install,rear brakes rebuilt,rebuilt suspension,wheels/tires,exhaust] have not had a dime to spend on it since except maintance. Plus i work full time and i'm building another car for my son [he's financing the project] i'm doing all the labor [he's out there some times] while he's in college and working. I have sold some parts but everytime i do stuff comes up [just sold some parts made some money] to buy parts for my truck and low an behold my insurance bill comes so byby money. I have came to the conclusion the projects are luxurys and will get done in good time!

sir, you are absolutely right ....ok see you all later ...im going to the shop right now. PM me if you need me for anything and i will get back with you later after i get some real work done
Good for you. I seem to keep finding more excuses not to; it's cold (like it's going to get any warmer, it's Winter) , I didn't make as much progress as I wanted to last time I worked on it, too many interesting things to read about on here, and any other excuses I can think of.

I do what I can , but I was off work for a while with a knee surgery
and now I am triing to recover from being robbed, so all my stuff is
on hold and I am in shopping mode. Surfing for parts that I can
afford for my 67 and my 68 fishes. Spring should breed no insperation
and hopefully I will have the parts I need to build by then.

-
Back