How the Heck! Console carpet!

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Ok so I have had the Trim Parts carpet in my car for quite a while now and have been lagging on getting the console carpet installed. Has any one else messed with this? The carpet has a "doubled over" edge or Hem, and it seems to go toward the bottom in order to create a nice finished edge. BUT the top is cut a particular way as if they meant for it NOT to be cut by the consumer. However when I place the carpet in place there is no way that thing is just a drop in fit. Like I say though, they have very deliberate cuts on the un-finished edge so,where do I go from here?
Am I missing something here?
Or did any of you just cut to fit and attach it?
Hook me up here guys!
If I get a second Ill post some pics tomorrow.
Thx

I've ran into that problem. The cut edge goes towards the top and no it is not a molded perfect fit type deal. I test fit it to make the best looking "skirt" look that I could and yes I did have to trim it a bit. I then glued it in place with the console out then I installed it.

The same here. I found a lay to the floor I was happy with them trimmed to fit the console. Some of mine is held in place with velcro rather than glue.

I will agree with Redfish. 3-M weatherstrip cement is permanent stuff. Velcro
is infinately adjustable. toolman

I glued most of it. The velcro was used on the drivers side from front to half way back. Easier to service the indicater lamp, etc..

-
Back