How to remove 1968 Barracuda Dash assembly?

-

blk340cuda

Reaction score
I need to remove the complete dash assembly in my 68 Barracuda, does anyone know which bolts to remove and locations......

Windshield has to come out. After you take out the windshield there will be 5 small bolts under the window rubber at the cowl that need to come off. You will also need to drop the steering column or at least unbolt it so it can move around. There are 4 bolts at the firewall and 2 right about at your knees if you are sitting in the seat. Then there are 2 bolts just above the kick panel on both sides. Loosen those and use them for a pivot point. Roll the dash back and it will come out. You can remove the cluster, unplug wiring, heater hoses and cables for the heat air after you roll the dash back on the pivot points.

Pretty sure I have pictures of the procedure in by build thread below>>>>

Sounds right to me lol!! Good one Mad Dart, we removed my dash and had everything completely restored to like new. Worth the trouble!

If you pull the dash away as described above you risk damaging wire connections, especially at inst' panel. There isn't a lot of length/slack provided in the wire harness. If you'll set the bulkhead connector out of the firewall it will move with the dash. There is a strap or 2 on the harness at column support. Think factory install procedure in reverse.

-
Back