How to remove pit stains from your shirts?

-

Badart

Reaction score
Don't laugh. LOL! This is a serious issue and I have never had this problem in the past. This has started since switching work shirts. My work shirts only last about 3 months, because I get these crusty pit stains. I am required to wear 100% cotton T-shirts for flash protection for electrical work that I do. My work supplies the shirt at no charge, but I am getting tired of asking for them. I have recently installed a water softner in my house to help with the problem and have changed deodorant, but still have the problem.

Come on guys help me out. Thanks, Sweaty Guy.

Obama patch on the pits.

No really how about backing soda?

Speed Stick supposedly makes an antiperspirant that eliminates the yellowing of shirts. Otherwise, wear an undershirt so that it [ideally] bears the brunt of the sweat.

Pour some lemon juice (fresh or bottled) on the stains and let the shirt sit in the sun for an hour or so. Then just wash them like you normally do.

Read this to my wife and after she got done laughing she mentioned Degree Clinical http://www.degreemen.com/Men/Men-Clinical-Protection.aspx or talk to the doc, she said that is stronger stuff available by prescription. She said the degree clinical is more $$$ than the regular stuff.....and to pm me your address if you want a $2 off coupon.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtTCmWkpz7A"]Did you try this stuff?[/ame]

Removing those stains can be hard! Have u tried putting detergent on them before you put them in the washer? A long time ago I noticed that my shirts would get stained but it was actually the deodorant causing it!

I took a closer look and saw all the shiny microscopic aluminum pieces and deodorant residue left on the shirt even after washing several times. This was from the anti-persperant deodorant. There are also sayings about how some of those ingredients aren't good for you.

I haven't used anti-persperant type deodorant for a long time and my shirts don't get that residue all over them anymore that is hard to wash off! I use the Arm&Hammer Essentials Fresh one. (The unscented one isn't that good). Some stores don't carry it so you might have to look around.

http://www.armandhammer.com/essenti...-and-hammer-essentials-natural-deodorant.aspx

It might take a little bit getting used to a deodorant without anti-persperant but is a lot better once you do!

Removing those stains can be hard! Have u tried putting detergent on them before you put them in the washer? A long time ago I noticed that my shirts would get stained but it was actually the deodorant causing it!

I took a closer look and saw all the shiny microscopic aluminum pieces and deodorant residue left on the shirt even after washing several times. This was from the anti-persperant deodorant. There are also sayings about how some of those ingredients aren't good for you.

I haven't used anti-persperant type deodorant for a long time and my shirts don't get that residue all over them anymore that is hard to wash off! I use the Arm&Hammer Essentials Fresh one. (The unscented one isn't that good). Some stores don't carry it so you might have to look around.

http://www.armandhammer.com/essenti...-and-hammer-essentials-natural-deodorant.aspx

It might take a little bit getting used to a deodorant without anti-persperant but is a lot better once you do!

72 is right, the stains are caused by deodorant. I've had this same issue for years with my under shirts. I use Right Guard Sport Gel, and have for many years. Gel vs. Stick, I wonder if it only happens with the gel? Or, as 72 points out, it may only happen with antiperspirant. I'm going to buy some new undershirts pretty soon, I'll switch to non-antiperspirant when I do.

If you are needing a deodorant then I would use this product. It doesnt leave a stain, its unscented and works great. Just run the tip under the sink, then under the pit......... :p

I dont think it is an anti-perspirant, but it definitely works and I dont have any stains on my shirts. I too wear a 100% cotton t-shirt under my company work shirt. You can probably find this at Walgreens or CVS etc. It also last forever, maybe a year or so for one stick.

http://www.thecrystal.com/product_information.cfm

72 is right, the stains are caused by deodorant. I've had this same issue for years with my under shirts. I use Right Guard Sport Gel, and have for many years. Gel vs. Stick, I wonder if it only happens with the gel? Or, as 72 points out, it may only happen with antiperspirant. I'm going to buy some new undershirts pretty soon, I'll switch to non-antiperspirant when I do.

Think it's because how antiperspirant can clog pores to keep you from sweating then it ends up doing the same to your shirt and it just keeps building up because the washer cant get it off.

U might need to try few different non-antiperspirant deodorants to find one you like. I've tried some others and didn't like them much. But Arm&Hammer works pretty good and has their baking soda in it too.

Pour some lemon juice (fresh or bottled) on the stains and let the shirt sit in the sun for an hour or so. Then just wash them like you normally do.

Wow, C, you have an issue we don't know about... :)

:-D:-D

Agreed. I have had this problem off and on. Switch deoderants untill you find one that doesn't stain. As bigdemo1 said, a little manscaping will make your deoderant not have to work as hard.

I use the non scented stuff you get at the sporting goods sections at wally wourld and such.
It is a whitish/clear solid stick and has no smell at all.
It is for deer hunters and blocks the scent and is the only deodorant I have ever used that actually keeps me from sweating, and blocks the bacteria and human scent that stains and stinks up shirts.

Now if I can find some for my *** I will be alright. Ha, ha.

Mitchum deoderant ruined damn near all of my black shirts with white stains and all of my white shirts with yellow stains! So far I have had good luck with Axe deoderant.

speed stick gel is gross, you put it on and you feel nasty already. Get the pressure washer out and hang your shirt on a wall and blast your pit stains with it. It gets the crust out. I got a few red shirts that are a little stiff under there too. I like that crystal stuff. My wife is a huge vinegar/baking soda/coconut oil fan says these work for everything....

Please do so outside, away from any potentially harmed people, forests or small furry animals. Large furry animals can fend for themselves.

Two suggestions , first: dont work so hard

second: try vodka , pour it on the stains before washing
let it soak for about 10 minutes or so the wash the shirts in your normal
detergents. Vodka works on most stains and if it dose not then drink the rest
either way you will get your moneys worth. Cheers.

-
Back