How to ruin a classic muscle car era Mopar

-
Okay I'm not going to go into personal taste even though I think some changes are hideous. But I will have to agree leaving a classic out to rot not lifting a finger to do anything for years to because someday immaculately you're going to get your s*** together and bring it back to its Glor y days, I hate that s***oh oh one more tearing it down to a thousand pieces because you're going to restore it and then leaving it in a pile of parts for the next 10 years great.
Or better yet buying a project car all togethor with wild dreams and then tearing it all down and reality sets in and you then put it up for sale in 17,000 pieces

Or better yet buying a project car all togethor with wild dreams and then tearing it all down and reality sets in and you then put it up for sale in 17,000 pieces
Yep! About ten miles from me a 68 super Bee sat by the side of a house for years then it was gone. The next spring a 68 bee came up for sale-in pieces, same car. I went to see it and all the good parts were gone along with all the big dreams. Another rusting hunk of metal bit the dust.

Same deal in my area, Looks to be a 68 bee also setting in tall grass up to the roof along side his driveway. Been setting there for 20+ years. The bottom`s probably gone on the poor car.:(

Mine is LS swapped, lowered, 20" wheels, has an airbrushed Tupac mural on the hood, and has a ford rear end. I also park it under a pine tree in the front yard for years at a time and refuse to sell it.
Haha, the Tupac mural that's a classic, any air Jordan stickers anywhere ?

<sigh.> I have to wonder why some folks need their unsolicited opinions validated by others.

Well, if only folks would get my approval before they buy wheels and tires, paint their cars, or modify them in any way, I promise you the hobby would be much better for it...
:rofl:
Look, almost NO ONE does with their car exactly what I would do with it if it were my car. There are tons of mods (or lack of mods) that others do/don't do that annoy me. But that's what makes it "their" car, not mine. I don't feel the need to criticize others' rides, and/or personal choices, even if it's a popular opinion.

Of course we have freedom of speech. What should come with that is respect for others' tastes, even if we disagree. If you can't say something nice about someone's ride, why not just mind your own business?

I come to FABO for information, not other people's opinions on what "looks good". If I don't ask for your opinion, what makes you think I care what you like?

Why can't this forum be a positive place? If I want negative, I'll watch the f'n news.
You say that then give us your opinions lol

Oh boy...

My last car. 71 Dart.

Has stickers on the rear quarter glass.
An *** like a stink bug, one big *** wing and a ford rear end under it.

I still like that car.

I'll never forget when some guy stopped and just layed into me about the car. How I ruined it and all that. ( it was a 318, 2 barrel, colum shift, 2.73 rear peg leg.. It was never anything special to even be ruined in the first place.)

I thought about standing up but the look from my girl said no. Instead I just said. "I dont remember asking you to stop or your opinion. I suggest you keep walking."

Yep! When you own it-it’s yours to do with as you please! Too many people step over the line with their mouth but they won’t put out the money to change owners!

Before people get bent out of shape just remember it a question on a thread.
"How to ruin a classic muscle car era Mopar"

There's not much you can do that ruins a car.

That guy who had the beautifull red 340 duster and his kid wrapped it around a telephone pole.

That one was "ruined"

(The car had mechanical failure. It was not the kids fault as I remember?)

There was a beautifull 72 or 73 Challenger by my shop that was on a K5 frame and that sucker was fully welded. I kinda thought that one was "ruined" but the owner sure didn't id bet. Im pretty sure he traded it for a new hell cat so someone else didn't think it was ruined as well. I think at some point that car will get cut back off the K5 frame and re built. Its just such a nice car. (Sitting on a 4x4 frame.)

What im saying is theres not much you can do that destroys a car.

There is a destroyed 71 cuda on B.A.T. right now for like 30K
Its roof is crushed in the floors are gone, motor, trans gone.
And folks are gonna pay north of 30 for it so....

Except Fire. Fire will ruin a car.
Or the crusher.

I like my oil gauge I added to the bottom of my dash, I know exactly what my pressure is and the idiot light don't know chit!??? LOL
Anyone seen any coon or squirrel tails attached to the radio antenna lately?

I have this one.
20220103_104602.jpg

Its slammed sitting on coil overs.
I was like this when I bought it.

One other thing that came with the car was a very nice air ride system.

I go back and fourth as to how I wanna build the car.

If I decide to build the car "for me" id raise it back up a little and keep it coil over.

If I decide to built it to sell I may install the air ride and have it "lay frame".

Cars and trucks with air ride and the abillity to "lay frame" are super popular right now.

Just that probably adds 10+ grand to the asking price.

Now its not really my thing. I do think they look cool parked but i have built a few and it is a major pain in the *** and always causes problems down the road.

Like for instance you build a fully laying frame car with all power locks and auto door pops and shaved handles. The car leaks the air out, laying frame and then the battery dies over the weekend.... doors closed, locked and windows up..... how to you fix that?

Very F en carefully thats how.. so thats one big reason Im not super into it...

The problem is, most people here are.

So...

I always joke, thats why we have more than one radio station.

:)

I like my oil gauge I added to the bottom of my dash, I know exactly what my pressure is and the idiot light don't know chit!??? LOL
Anyone seen any coon or squirrel tails attached to the radio antenna lately?
A couple essential gauges mounted under the dash like oil and water is fine and since that is historically where they were always mounted it looks " correct " but when you turn the factory dash into something that resembles an airplanes cockpit that's when I think it looks ridiculous

You know there are a lot of us that weren't even born when the cars were new, right? I really could give a crap about it being original.

Most of these cars were basic transportation, nothing special. I don't see a reason to make an "original" 318 2 barrel or slant six, column auto, woodgrain granny pack car and keep that stock. That's 90% of Dusters, Darts, Valiants, Scamps.

The world changed, the OE drum brakes suck, the suspension can be upgraded thanks to technology, we can build better engines, use better transmissions, etc. The cars are a canvass to work with. Hot Rodding is something where innovations are made. There is so much of the original stuff that's just flat worn out also...

Want an OE looking car, cool, go ahead, doesn't bother me. I don't lose sleep at night worrying about what other people do with their property.

Well the OP has told us all in a previous thread that his car is PERFECT!! And that's a direct quote, so we should all be thankful that he chooses to engage in conversation with us. It's an honor:rolleyes::icon_fU:

You know there are a lot of us that weren't even born when the cars were new, right? I really could give a crap about it being original.

Most of these cars were basic transportation, nothing special. I don't see a reason to make an "original" 318 2 barrel or slant six, column auto, woodgrain granny pack car and keep that stock. That's 90% of Dusters, Darts, Valiants, Scamps.

The world changed, the OE drum brakes suck, the suspension can be upgraded thanks to technology, we can build better engines, use better transmissions, etc. The cars are a canvass to work with. Hot Rodding is something where innovations are made. There is so much of the original stuff that's just flat worn out also...

Want an OE looking car, cool, go ahead, doesn't bother me. I don't lose sleep at night worrying about what other people do with their property.

oh man you just upset a bunch of close minded grumpy old heads... :)

Dodge Scatpack bumblebee stripes on Plymouths! Duster side stripes on Demons and Dart Sports! Brand X hood scoops on any Mopar! Rallye wheels on pre-70 cars! Said before but black engine compartments on non-black cars!!! How about speckle-painted trunks in Mopars? Aarrgghh!!

:mob:

A friend of mine loses his mind when he sees a Mopar with GM door-lock buttons. I laugh when he does that.

Everyone has a pet-peeve that makes their head explode..... YMMV.

OK you wanna play.....we can play....care to in detail tell me what about my barracuda doesn't scream Mopar??? Must be the Hemi style hood because they never put them on 68 barracudas.....got me there.......or maybe it's the factory seats utilizing factory seat covers.......yup your 2 for 2.......ahhh I know....it must be that 415" small block LA Mopar engine under the hood.......you got more? Figured you did......must be the factory color paint with no dipshit who knows what ******* car they belong to stripes......dang your good.......should I apologize now for my car that in no way shape or form resembles what a muscle car era Mopar looks like?

A paint scheme that only Ray Charles could love, oversized circus wheel/tire combos, modern drivelines , seats out of your 2008 Charger, LED lights and or some other goofy looking **** light that only a 14 year old would pick out, aftermarket instrument clusters and gauge setups that take away from the original dash look......these are some of my immediate pet peeves that I feel are an embarrassment to the classic muscle car era Mopars......in my opinion.
ROFL beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
You cannot dictate what another artist does with their canvas but you can be a critic.

I may share your sentiment, but there isn’t much good said about critics.

we are getting old sir.

-
Back