Howdy from missouri

-

indian

Reaction score
Enjoy the site, a lot of great info. I have a 1964 Dodge Dart GT, 273 4-speed. I am in the process of restoring. Have a rear end question...had new bearings pressed on axles, pumpkin was gone thru, new bearings, races by a shop. Got back and installed today and having a high-pitch whine/squeal coming from the rear end. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Forgot to mention swaped out smaller rear-end with 8 3/4 with 355 gear thanks

Enjoy the site, a lot of great info. I have a 1964 Dodge Dart GT, 273 4-speed. I am in the process of restoring. Have a rear end question...had new bearings pressed on axles, pumpkin was gone thru, new bearings, races by a shop. Got back and installed today and having a high-pitch whine/squeal coming from the rear end. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Forgot to mention swaped out smaller rear-end with 8 3/4 with 355 gear thanks

Welcome!!

Did you use "green" bearings and if you did, did you remove the
spacer that the end of the axles rest against when adjustable
bearings are used.

Welcome! That question posted in the drivetrain forums,will get you quicker response.

Welcome aboard from west Tennessee! Did you use posi / limited slip modifier lube? You can get it at the parts store.

welcome i'm over about 20 mi north of mt vernon, i have 63 and 65 darts slants and couple of dusters.
i could be some help but got old enough thats i've forgot most of what i did know!! LOL

hey , thanks for all the help,i did not changed ring and pinion just bearings the person who did the work said it was the ring and pinion makin the noise said to drive it I have noticed big difference in noise (less) thanks for all the insight.

-
Back