HP in oil?

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, this we know is true. A lot depends on a number of factors. But there is H.P. in the oil you use. Below, a coworker of mine had ether nothing better to do or his curiosity got the best of him, if not both.
‘11 Ford Raptor, 6.2 ltr. 4.11 gears, 315/70/17 tires on a chassis dyno.
The photos below are arranged in different manors. Read the top of the result pages for how there ordered.
67700886-64C4-4988-87B4-92F43C8102F9.jpeg
ACC704E2-3771-4A71-ABAA-B7ED850AE828.jpeg
DBD6D896-CF9F-4827-BC12-7ABA2E2FE4B1.jpeg

That is realy cool.

I shudder to think about the cost of all that oil but dam the inside of that engine is clean now.

I wonder if the oils were tested for a true viscosity? And having the viscosity tested at different temperatures? Is it possible that a performance oil could hold closer to thinner tolerances..?

It’s just oil fer fuk sakes !
Yes again I was trying to make the point about the oil being tested for its true viscosity and what temperatures and what the tolerances are for like a 5w30 weight? I wonder what plus or minus they get or how nuts on the viscosity has to be at what temperatures before it's bottled? Also I see no tests done on the oil that I use personally...
IMG_20190419_204316.jpg

actually there was some interesting stuff talked about the torco oil but again I'm sure it was just something I remember said that he copied out of a magazine as well...

Dont forget someone has to pay to dump that oil...

Was the filter changed each time?

Was the air getting better and better and better? Honestly I don't think this is where to chase horsepower...

I just poured 1,400.00 dollars worth of oil through the motor on my ladys hair dryer, all that happened is now I'm broke and her head is on fire.....

:rofl::poke:

She sure is running fast tho!

I just poured 1,400.00 dollars worth of oil through the motor on my ladys hair dryer, all that happened is now I'm broke and her head is on fire.....

:rofl::poke:

She sure is running fast tho!
Again I don't know if this is worth the effort of chasing a small amount of horsepower? I'm mostly interested myself in keeping my engine alive during it's usual thrashings...

I like it. I think it's a great place to look for horse power if you're a professional points racer. That's thinking outside the box and that's what makes the difference between a real racer looking for every bit of speed and the rest.

Don Garlits, did research and development with of all things polishes and waxes on his car's finishes. They actually found some E.T. by keeping a fresh coat of wax on the car, so all the rest started doing it. It's little details that can put you out front. Oil is certainly one of those. For the rest of us? It probably won't make a hill of beans difference.

I’m Canadian , thought someone spending 1400$ us that’s 2800$ Canadian, and a **** pile of Dyno time to compile a list for everyone was a great idea ,didn’t even think to deep into it read the small print on the bottom of the page and was plesently surprised

I like it. I think it's a great place to look for horse power if you're a professional points racer. That's thinking outside the box and that's what makes the difference between a real racer looking for every bit of speed and the rest.

Don Garlits, did research and development with of all things polishes and waxes on his car's finishes. They actually found some E.T. by keeping a fresh coat of wax on the car, so all the rest started doing it. It's little details that can put you out front. Oil is certainly one of those. For the rest of us? It probably won't make a hill of beans difference.
Great point now if you had a bigger hat you could probably cover it! LOL cuz there's so many points Racers out here on the Forum. I'd go out on a limb and say there's 98% who just like to see their motor live...

When I was a kid we used to race flat bottom jet boats.

Every weekend I would wax the bottom of the boat. Did it make it any faster?

I dont know. Did we lose often?

No.

-
Back