Hurst Pistol Grip Shifter

-

stingerdart1972

Reaction score
id like to run a pistol grip set up in my 72 dart with a bench set. Could someone tell me what the correct setup that would fit it (shifter, linkage and correct height lever)

A833 tranny

Thanks

What shifter do you have now? Bolt in handle or stab in

What shifter do you have now? Bolt in handle or stab in
You might be able to tell from photo
And damn...I didn't notice when I was under it the rubber boot is a bit fragile and don't want to pull it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 490
Shifter on it has quite a bit of play in it picked up some new bushings for it but haven't got around to doing it yet

But I know it's going to be expensive to do it with the pistol grip set up.

Just so many to choose from just want to make the right combo choice the first time along with correct height and bend of the shift lever

I believe the hot ticket for our A-Bodies is the 71-74 B-Body non-console shifter...

What you need is a 71 to 74 B body handle with matching shifter mech from an a body. Either bolt in or slip in according to which p/g handle you have most were bolt in. And a shifter boot and trim ring from a 1970 only b body.

What you need is a 71 to 74 B body handle with matching shifter mech from an a body. Either bolt in or slip in according to which p/g handle you have most were bolt in. And a shifter boot and trim ring from a 1970 only b body.

Ok Excellent !!!

Thank you

I purchased this set up... Still looking for the 1970 shifter boot and trim ring

Attachments

• image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 345
Anyone know where I could look to find a 1970 b body floor shift rubber boot and trim ring ?

Thanks for the help

Just buy the boot that fits the pistol grip, trim it to the ring you have now, easy, no holes to drill.

I think I used a standard Hurst boot with the rectangle hole, way cheaper than the mopar re-po's.
Trim it with a sharp pair of scissors.

I think I used a standard Hurst boot with the rectangle hole, way cheaper than the mopar re-po's.
Trim it with a sharp pair of scissors.

Done that many times on my 60 Vett 4spd. I keep ripping them !! :D:D

That is square where it mounts to the floor, his factory one is oval, re-po's are about double that price.

I found that a 70s GM pickup boot for $20 works great for the round shifter with a B-body trim ring. Just drill a couple of new screw holes.

I used my round holed boot. It's funny how it simply takes a rectangle shape when a rectangle object is put in it. :burnout:

IMG_1263.PNG
Finished product

-
Back