Hurst street super shifter

-

slowdown

Reaction score
Has anyone installed one of these in your body? There's a couple places on the web that say they can be used with a body mopar original a body 4 speed. I'm assuming they mean the one with the shifter mount on the end of the tail shaft?
If you have one, what do you think? Worth it?
I have a comp plus I bought off some guy on eBay with shifter a few years back. It works fine but I had to make a bracket to make it work in my car.
He said it was for a body mopar but I'm thinking not. But with the bracket I made it works fine I'm just looking to upgrade.

I can't remember all the different Super Shifter types there were.

The Super Shifter III was the last made, but it had a reverse lock out.

The only difference in these things is the linkage. All the shifters are the same.

You can use a Vertigate if you don't mind a big nasty hole in the floor. If you are having issues shifting an H pattern shifter a Vertigate probably won't help.

The linkage is the same as the Hurst Ram Rod. They are straight rods. The floor has to be modified.

Thanks guys. Just sent for it. Seems like I'm never done, so a little modification shouldn't be to bad.

It's not bad at all. Those are the absolute BEST 4 speed shifters, IMO. I have had several.

I have Street Supershifter in my Cobra replica with a Toploader 4 speed. Been using it for 20 trouble free years and it still works great. Crisp. short throws.

I have Street Supershifter in my Cobra replica with a Toploader 4 speed. Been using it for 20 trouble free years and it still works great. Crisp. short throws.

I bought my first SSIII in 1982. I used it until I bought a car that would take a Vertigate without a massive hole in the floor.

I'm using the SSIII in my car I have now. I would switch to an inline shifter except the car is worth enough I don't want the big hole.

-
Back