HyRev 7500 ECU box

-
Yup, rebadged parts store items with his “hype” added to make you think you’re getting a special piece, that he has them made exclusively for him. Like his new electronic distributors he hawks. Fell for the exciting verbiage, bought one, realized it was a WP Chinese distributor available everywhere. Sent it back and got one elsewhere.....for a lot less $$
100% Fact

I'm sure the hi revs are chinkesium now. But mine is installed and it runs good. Until it doesn't. Since Ray doesn't accept the Amazon card, I didn't really have a damned choice. WHat I caint believe is, Jegs advertises them 100% made in USA. That's evidently wrong.

I'm sure the hi revs are chinkesium now. But mine is installed and it runs good. Until it doesn't. Since Ray doesn't accept the Amazon card, I didn't really have a damned choice. WHat I caint believe is, Jegs advertises them 100% made in USA. That's evidently wrong.
Supposed to be made here, with modern guts. Cause everything got jacked by the nwo last year, I grabbed another . 40 bucks. That dizzy DEFINITELY ain't what it was advertised as. but was advertised as made in an certified overseas factory what ever, I'll deal with it, God Willing.

20210919_193641.jpg

Supposed to be made here, with modern guts. Cause everything got jacked by the nwo last year, I grabbed another . 40 bucks. That dizzy DEFINITELY ain't what it was advertised as. but was advertised as made in an certified overseas factory what ever, I'll deal with it, God Willing.

View attachment 1715792964
Yeah, they advertise the hell out of it to be made in USA. Who the hell knows?

Don't know where the other is... I'll look and take pics. Prolly doan matter as I ain't ripping them apart. Now, the FBO 4 second flat ( Dons) looks like the Real Deal... I just caint do it right now. And the blue one i have was recommended by one of my Mopar Brothers a while back. And he ain't had no issues

These are for the OEM boxes from Mopar. The high rev is a great aftermarket box. Beware of the new ones if the TO3 transistor is kind of tall and no markings it is oversees junk like the new Mopar orange boxes out there also the ones with a "replaces #XXXXXXX are junk. Find older real ones they are out there. Hope it helps with the confusion on these.

View attachment 1715792690 View attachment 1715792691 View attachment 1715792694
I've heard the orange ones have been junk for a minute. I had one on my 68 Coronet 383 4 spd. 1st mill I rebuilt. Never issues w/ it, or the box. And I TWISTED that 383 on up there!

I know the transistor on the hi rev is short like the real ones in hoppy's thread. Whether that means anything, remains to be seen. As long as it keeps running good, what difference does it make?

I know the transistor on the hi rev is short like the real ones in hoppy's thread. Whether that means anything, remains to be seen. As long as it keeps running good, what difference does it make?
Well, the only difference to me is I hate giving Commies money... lol. I know you do too Rob. But sometimes...

Well, the only difference to me is I hate giving Commies money... lol. I know you do too Rob. But sometimes...
That and I'm not payin 50 bucks for a used one. I don't really care who's sellin the thing. no offense to present company intended.

Here's a comparison. Tough call, really and again, what difference does it make?

Here's Hoppy's confirmed fake one.
FAKE TRANSISTOR.jpg

Here's mine. It appears shorter. But WTF does that really mean? Who gives a **** if it works?
RUSTY'S TRANSISTOR.jpg

......and while we're at it......why is it when you install the little "chip" voltage regulator in the instrument cluster it's considered an "upgrade" but when a similar transistor chip is used in a modern ignition ECU all of a sudden it's a fake piece of ****? I find that pretty interesting.

......and while we're at it......why is it when you install the little "chip" voltage regulator in the instrument cluster it's considered an "upgrade" but when a similar transistor chip is used in a modern ignition ECU all of a sudden it's a fake piece of ****? I find that pretty interesting.
I've done the 5 v chip on the heat sink in my 66 Sat I had. DEFINITELY was not the Radio Shack my Grandfather took me too

I know it is tempting but dont do it, we'll regret it in the long run.
So what's your solution? Buy the ridiculously priced FBO unit? Pay 50 or more for a used one? I firmly believe in supporting people, but I gotta eat, too.

I don’t think I called it a fake piece of **** ?

However when I buy something that is clearly stated Made In The USA

And then when it fails months later , and you find C H I N A clearly stamped in the metal housing

Maybe Durability comes to mind ?

RPMS ? Coils are a crucial piece of the puzzle also

Anyways

12Many clearly described the Distributor he bought

I know - I have ripped apart two of those same Chinese distributors for friends , replacing springs

Yikes

However these are the options we live in today , with Direct Connection / Mopar Performance no longer supporting the 60s/70s and Made In The USA

See the ECU I now run this year

Scour Swap Meets and EBay , you can still find NOS Chrysler ECUs and mid 70s / mid 80s Standard LX 101s when Standard Motor Products made them in the USA
164374FA-94F3-4605-97E6-158F4E2B05B7.jpeg

Pretty easy to tell an original NOS ECU ignition module from the 70s/80s/90s

Just look at the two mounting holes

If you see scratched paint or circles from the mounting screws , you definetly know they where installed on a car at some point

And then when it fails months later , and you find C H I N A clearly stamped in the metal housing

Anyways

I know - I have ripped apart two of those same Chinese distributors for friends , replacing springs

Yikes

However these are the options we live in today , with Direct Connection / Mopar Performance no longer supporting the 60s/70s and Made In The USA

Scour Swap Meets and EBay , you can still find NOS Chrysler ECUs and mid 70s / mid 80s Standard LX 101s when Standard Motor Products made them in the USA View attachment 1715793007
I wasn't referring to you......or anyone in particular.

Anyways

Yikes

Scour Swap Meets and EBay , you can still find NOS Chrysler ECUs and mid 70s / mid 80s Standard LX 101s when Standard Motor Products made them in the USA View attachment 1715793007
I actually paid a lil More for a SMP vr a lil while back than the Other SMP **** was still made in commieland

Anyways

Yikes

I got the bend over bang from those dizzys. THANK GOD for RustyRatRod and the Mopar Brothers here. I had been running her Hard, could have ruint my 340. A stock bore one that I ain't able to afford to rebuild.

Last edited:
Many moons ago

For your information the LX101 is made by SMP the same people who previously made our A688 ECU's for us. As of late 2010 they have sent all their manufacturing on these products to China or Mexico and can no longer produce this ECU in the USA to our spec. The old SMP LX101 was made in Kansas, when SMP bought out Borg Warner years ago the LX101 was superseded to the B/W unit which was built from low end imported components and the performance proved it.

So what's your solution? Buy the ridiculously priced FBO unit? Pay 50 or more for a used one? I firmly believe in supporting people, but I gotta eat, too.
Rusty I failed a china ECU, it did not last one season one day it just stopped working, no warning, no warranty. Lucky I was at home and not out on the road.
I did spend the extra $money for a complete FBO system and never looked back, engine idles better, pulls hard and I have used the rev limiter, love it.
I do keep a spare chrome box in the trunk that a friend gave me after he swapped to an MSD setup.

Rusty I failed a china ECU, did not last one season and one day it just stopped working, no warning, no warranty.
I did spend the extra $money for a complete FBO system and never looked back, engine idles better, pulls hard and I have used the rev limiter, love it.
I do keep a spare chrome box in the trunk that a friend gave me after he swapped to an MSD setup.
A spare box , ballast AND even another distributor are all good to carry. It's not that heavy and would not be difficult to swap out on the road.

A spare box , ballast AND even another distributor are all good to carry. It's not that heavy and would not be difficult to swap out on the road.
I have the ballast jumped to run the FBO ECU. So I have a piece of tape on the spare box that says "Remove jumper"

-
Back