i am so into modeling now

-
Soooo, Rani has yet another project???...

My wintertime/ I have a cold project...I work on this when Its cold and wet outside...or when I'm curled up on the couch cause I'm sick....

View attachment 1714569816

Great model with the cherry picker and Nice tool box! toolmanmike (Mac Tool dealer)

Hey Rani, turn your yellow car into something like this:

Great job and have fun! tmm

Attachments

• 060202951937[00].jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 354
  • 060202951931[00].jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 357
The guy bought it crashed and parked it around a tree in his yard just for fun. I can't remember his name but he has a Mopar restoration shop in southern Minnesota. We visited his shop this year when we went to the Midwest Mopars in the Park show in Farmington Mn. tmm

What is the paint code for that royal blue type color on the 69 model cars? Seems like it was a little darker than b5

I'm picturing a 'smashed up against a power pole' motif:D

edit-I see tmm is way ahead of me lol.

Nah. Got t-boned by a bear in the mountains of CO. I actually saw that happen to a Taurus in front of me on on our way through telluride, Co last week. Lol similar damage

Here is my 1960 Plymouth wagon, Johan model kit bashed with a pro-street 69 RR kit, built it over 22 years ago! I always liked this one :glasses7:

Attachments

• DSC06865.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC06863.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 334
  • DSC06862.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC06871.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC06872.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC06864.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 327
Ok, here is my Daytona, almost put back together after all these years!! Still have a few small details but I am really happy how it looks again :glasses7:

Attachments

• DSC07668.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC07666.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC07665.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC07672.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 312
Cool work and creativity on these models!! I have a few that I should build, but never seem to find the time!

the daytona looks whole again keith !
great job on the 70 Rani , im glad it made it without an accidents !

i might have to get me a kit to build

Cool work and creativity on these models!! I have a few that I should build, but never seem to find the time!

Ok guys, get the glue and paints out!!! Let's get started :D

thanks Mr. Lance

there is going to more model car comps .....so lets get started ......see what you guys can bring on LOL

this might become a popular FABO ritual at this rate LOL:happy1:

couldnt sleep, so i decided to color sand my 70 sport satellite project ....after a few days of gasing out the paint did orange peel more than appeared that first night.....i used 1200 bcoz thats all i have and that was a bit too aggressive i told myself not to but i did burn through on one egde but i know where its at but its hardly visable :banghead: so i will tell you guys where its after the model comp. LOL

i wish i could color sand everything i paint this way ....but real cars dont fit in the sink LMAO

the pic of the 1/4 shows it sanded, you can see the unsanded parts are still shiney .....there are places im not going to sand like in front of the scoop ....where ever you sand you have to buff and there is no way im going to get in there ....thats a problem waiting to happen and put this car back in the paint shop ....dont want that ...LOL

Attachments

• CIMG1614.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 257
  • CIMG1615.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 255
here is the cut and buffed top and quarter ....bye bye orange peel and hello to a more even shine ....there was actually one inperfection on the top before that went away....it looked like dust but it must have been in the clear bcoz when i was sanding it i felt it smooth out

if you look close you can see the reflection of my fingers on the camera in the 1/4 :cheers::cheers:

still needs a final wash ...you can see the lint from the buffer

Attachments

• CIMG1616.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 263
  • CIMG1618.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 258
Rani,nice work on the cut and buff.Nice to see someone understand basic spray guns. Takes a little patience,so worth it.

the cool thing about models is that they dont take much room so i can do with them, what i do with the real cars and that is have a bunch of projects cooking at the same time LOL ....ADD-much

i now have this 58 Belvedere "christine car" that is a quick prep for the paint shop ....i just want to paint the body and do the other assembly later.

im planning to get really fancy with the trim on this one and possibly experiment with some formulas that might enhance the shine.

i want to be able to do my make-up in the reflection of this car

if it comes out the way i think it could ...it will become part of my "Rani Crown Princess" edition of fancy cars.

its so exciteing....its really like painting a real car :cheers::cheers::cheers:

BTW ...the assembly of the sport satellite is moving on very smooth ...so far no snags

Attachments

• CIMG1637.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 249
Looking great........ I should do another model this winter and hope I can jump on this cool thread :coffee2:

the cool thing about models is that they dont take much room so i can do with them, what i do with the real cars and that is have a bunch of projects cooking at the same time LOL ....ADD-much

i now have this 58 Belvedere "christine car" that is a quick prep for the paint shop ....i just want to paint the body and do the other assembly later.

im planning to get really fancy with the trim on this one and possibly experiment with some formulas that might enhance the shine.

i want to be able to do my make-up in the reflection of this car

if it comes out the way i think it could ...it will become part of my "Rani Crown Princess" edition of fancy cars.

its so exciteing....its really like painting a real car :cheers::cheers::cheers:

BTW ...the assembly of the sport satellite is moving on very smooth ...so far no snags

Cool 58, love it :glasses7:

Doing 2 kits at the same time? Wow, I could never do that, too fussy with one at a time LOL

Cool 58, love it :glasses7:

Doing 2 kits at the same time? Wow, I could never do that, too fussy with one at a time LOL

its bcoz im ADD and im mainly interested in painting the body shells .....thats really all i want to do LOL ....dont worry i will get them finished LMAO

Here's my latest build.

008.jpg

011-4.jpg

-
Back