I can use the Hotchkiss Front Sway Bar 69 Dart?

-

68GTconvert

Reaction score
I am getting turned around or weather I can use the Hotchkiss Front Sway Bar 69 Dart stock LCA's with bisuit style K member? I know I have to weld on different brackets for the sway bar but it will fit after that, correct? I already have my Hotchkiss front and rear sways but I am just double checking.

The Hotchkis front bar comes with its own weld on control arm tabs. If your arms already have tabs you will need to cut them off.

The Hotchkis front bar comes with its own weld on control arm tabs. If your arms already have tabs you will need to cut them off.

Yeah I have the stock sway bar tabs on the LCA's. I should just use the regular LCA's I have and sell mine with the tabs. Unfortunantly I already put my poly bushings and my LCA's have been boxed. I would hate to cut off the sway bar tabs since they are kind of desired.

i wouldnt cut the sway bar tabs off.....i thought hotchkiss makes a bar that utilizes the stock sway bar tabs??? looking at their site, i guess not...which is kinda silly...usually in most cases, a sway bar for any car should be designed to "bolt on" requiring no welding. cuz, not every car guy can weld....just wondering but have you looked at the firm feel or hellwig bars? i know you already have the hotchkis stuff though...im happy with my hellwig bar on my 68 cuda. dave had to custom make it to fit my 17x8 wheels.

i wouldnt cut the sway bar tabs off.....i thought hotchkiss makes a bar that utilizes the stock sway bar tabs??? looking at their site, i guess not...which is kinda silly...usually in most cases, a sway bar for any car should be designed to "bolt on" requiring no welding. cuz, not every car guy can weld....just wondering but have you looked at the firm feel or hellwig bars? i know you already have the hotchkis stuff though...im happy with my hellwig bar on my 68 cuda. dave had to custom make it to fit my 17x8 wheels.

I saw a New hellwig bar on CL for $200. I thought about that. It would suck to take apart my suspension again to swap LCA's. The hellwig will bolt up to stock tabs? I would really like to run the hotchkiss bar. They are beefy and look great.

lol. that'll be fine cut em off! but yes, hellwig would bolt on using factory mounts. the hotchkis units look nice. i dont like the hammertone finish on the hellwig.

I knew I had to weld on the tabs but I didn't know I had to remove the stock tabs. One step forward one step back. Thanks.

The tabs are no big deal. It always surprises me how much extra people will pay for the factory tabbed LCA's.

Its not even 5 minutes of welding, and that's to do a BETTER job than the factory did. Nothing special even from a welding skill perspective, anyone with a 110v MIG and a few minutes of practice can make it happen. And that's coming from a welding snob that usually frowns on 110v MIG welders and dude's using them like glue guns.

-
Back