i got a summer job offer whoohoo

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i am graduating next week and i feel kinda lost......i was going to take the summer off and see what kind of job a Masters Degree can get a person this fall.

in the meantime i got a job offer for the summer ......not exactly in my field of study but it will keep me home and give me more mopar money and allow extra time to work on my car this summer ......so im happy

the job is to be a maid/nanny for a local family......i get to work with a really cool baby . lol

i know some of my friends think i should get a real good job in my field ....but in order to do that i must leave my home and move to a bigger city. this summer job is temporary plus i get to stay home this way. :D

Congratulations. My daughter is a professional nanny in Colorado and just loves it. I thought she was crazy when she wanted to do that but she makes big bucks doing it.

Congratulations. My daughter is a professional nanny in Colorado and just loves it.

thanks....i have already been working as a maid all along and a nanny once before ......before i had to take care of three kids.

the three kids i took care of a few years ago was challenging bcoz one of the "kids" was a mentally challenged man that was close to my age......but he was like 4 times my size .....so it was hard keeping him under control when he would have tantrums....he would pick me up off the ground and threaten to throw me until i would threaten to take away his lucky charms...then he would put me down.......kinda scary but ppl like that dont know what they are doing and need help.....i would do it again.

but they moved to Montana and i lost the job bcoz i was not willing to move to montana with them.

so now i got a new family and the baby is cool . :binky:

That is GREAT Rani! Keep us posted.

i didnt forget about your buddy seat benchy either.......this is finals week and starting next week i will have a lot of time.

so the mopar party starts this weekend......or as Mr. Memike says ...."this strong end" lol :thumleft:

Is that you with the baby in your new avatar? That little one is all smiles...must've just gotten back from a ride in the Dart. Baby likes the 4 spd conversion, huh??!!

I say take the job, make some $$ and get ready for the job hunt. Bucks right now aint a bad thing...well, bucks anytime aint a bad thing either!! Hope you land a job with your degree though, I know you worked hard to get it!! And I know it's not your first love either, but I hope you can find a balance in there somewhere.

In the meantime, find a buddy seat that fits the Dart... I think you'll be needing it!! Geof

Great news Rani, and good luck on the exams this week:cheers:
C

Congrats Rani !!! Enjoy your summer :thumleft:. Being young and so smart, I think it's good to take it slow and really look at your future options. No doubt in my mind you'll succeed in whatever you chose moving forward.

Hi Rani, good luck with your exams! What is your field of study? Did you choose something to go with your love of Mopars? I would guess that it is in engineering.

Take the nanny job for the summer and enjoy life!

seeing that you "go all in" when you start something, I'm sure that you'll succeed in anything you tackle.
Good luck Rani!

A job is a job so take what you can for now. You have the rest of your life to work. So do what you enjoy.

Hi Rani, good luck with your exams! What is your field of study? Did you choose something to go with your love of Mopars? I would guess that it is in engineering.

Take the nanny job for the summer and enjoy life!

my field of study is Political Science emphasis in Constitutional Law, its not what i wanted at all but my dad picked it and made me do it.

my dad or me never expected to get this far...i always thought i would have been an arranged housewife by now, but life sure knows how to build unexpected curves in the road.

my real dream is that i want to open a transmission shop, probably wont happen but i have to try anyway.

this summer im going to try my mobile machanic business ....load up my coronet wagon with tools and see what happens LOL

THANKS everyone for the kind words and support ...FABO truely is a family

Congrats Rani. Being smart never hurts. Sounds like you have a life plan and that beats most. Stay focused on the goal of personal happiness and things can't go wrong.

Hi Rani, your dreams sound very reachable,so don't give up on them. I don't know how poly sci wil fit I with the transmission shop, but go after whatever you love, not necessarily what your degree may be in. A job that you love is not a job, but instead is your avocation. Pursue it for all you're worth and don't look back. Maybe sometime in the future, after your transmission shop is successful, you'll run for Congress. But whatever may come your way, chase your dreams and they will eventually come true.

And you probably already know that husbands may come and go too, so don't let one get in the way of your dreams either.

I'd bet that half of the single guys on this site would chase you if they lived near you. We all love women who love cars like we do! I missed one thirty years ago when I pursued my dreams to be in the Air Force, but I found a great lady eight years ago.

Best of luck!!!

-
Back