I Got Stiffed

-

Dago Red

Reaction score
After dozens of smooth dealings with the good folks here, it looks like the percentages caught up with me.

I've been stiffed by a gent named Brent Reese from Conyers, Georgia. His board name is Brents 71 Duster.

He owes me for a set of headers. I'm not going to go bankrupt or anything, but a deals a deal. He E-mailed me almost everyday to ask when they were going out. Called me the day they arrived to thank me for them and now nothing. Won't even respond to PM's. I'd listen to any reasonable excuse (hey, I taught high school...) Christmas kicked my butt, aliens got me, I've gone blind.....

It will ruin it for the rest of us, as I'm now done with deals over web sites. Three strikes. One here, one on Moparts and one on the F-M-J board. Name drop someone we both know or cash first will be the only way it goes now.

I have had an absolute blast on this site, but things like this kinda burn the toast.

Now help me off this soapbox, my knees are killin' me. RICK

im a member at fmj so i will put the pressure on over there. i cant stand thieves and liars

Last Activity: 12-31-2012 02:51 PM

7 posts, i would have had to have the money up front, but it doesnt matter now.

down in Georgia, maybe we could get stroker to go over there and take out some aggression

I'd listen to any reasonable excuse

Spent my Christmas money on crack

Came to work drunk and got fired, then wrecked the car and got arrested on the way home, so, DUH---obviously I don' need those headers

Got caught in the bosses office with his secretary, who happens to be his WIFE

Decided to put a chivvy in the car, so the headers won't work anyhow, mmmmmkay?

Somehow I got the impression you were going to show up and INSTALL them?

My pot bellied pet pig stepped in the middle of my only laptop

Seems odd to me that he called to thank you if he planned not to pay.
Bad things happen to people.
But you are still out the money.
I don't get out to Conyers often.
But I've got relatives burried in a small family cemetary there off 138 and I20.

Maybe it's time for a trip to visit the grave yard.
Hello, Brent.
Are you out there?

Seems odd to me that he called to thank you if he planned not to pay.
Bad things happen to people.
But you are still out the money.
I don't get out to Conyers often.
But I've got relatives burried in a small family cemetary there off 138 and I20.

Maybe it's time for a trip to visit the grave yard.
Hello, Brent.
Are you out there?

Maybe not since his last activity was 12-31-2012 01:51 PM. The New Years eve party may have not gone so well.

This seems to be happening here more. But I can honestly say that 99.9% of the members here are Honest to a fault. I hate to see one bad apple ruin it for the person who is at the other the deal.

Spent my Christmas money on crack

Came to work drunk and got fired, then wrecked the car and got arrested on the way home, so, DUH---obviously I don' need those headers

Got caught in the bosses office with his secretary, who happens to be his WIFE

Decided to put a chivvy in the car, so the headers won't work anyhow, mmmmmkay?

Somehow I got the impression you were going to show up and INSTALL them?

My pot bellied pet pig stepped in the middle of my only laptop

You're still upset at Idaho going 1-11 aren't you?:banghead:

Although the secretary/wife thing is out of sequence with drunk/fired/wrecked thing, correct?:drinkers:

They were good for a laugh, I appreciate that bro.

That's why I get or give money up front before the product gets shipped. Keeps an honest person honest. I was supposed to buy some parts for my truck on trucks only. Told the guy it ain't gonna happen cause I had to use the money on glass instead. That's how it should go down with everyone

I almost asked who's the lucky fella before reading the thread! Hehehehe

Got an address? I work in Conyers and don't mind dropping a note in someones mailbox to remind them that someones watching and know's were you live!!!

Sucks to hear. Just sold and purchased off FABO no issue. But I received money before part sent and sent money before mine wss sent to me. Its sad but dickheads are out there.

For hundreds of years it has been let the buyer beware. Nowadays with the internet the buyer is really at a disadvantage with pay first before shipping. Kudos to you for sending the part before payment, but I bet you won't do that again. I hope you get your money soon and it was just an oversight.

I don't like readin about deals gone bad,Ive had 100% from anyone I have bought from and hopefully 100% from those that have bought from me....I hope the guy is gonna be alright whatever happens and hope he comes thru...give him a lil reminder and some time...???........Wagg's

For hundreds of years it has been let the buyer beware. Nowadays with the internet the buyer is really at a disadvantage with pay first before shipping. Kudos to you for sending the part before payment, but I bet you won't do that again. I hope you get your money soon and it was just an oversight.

You know Cuda, until this it's been nothing but glass smooth dealings with everyone here. Heck, some of them are even on this thread. If he's had a problem pop up, just mail and let me know. No shame. Some of us only get paid once a month ("....can ya hold on til the 1st?) other times, stuff happens: doctor, broken car, sick day, kids school stuff, et al. Never met anyone on this site, but consider many friends. Friends help friends.

Just curious, why should a internet deal with someone from a web forum be any different from a brick and mortor retail sale. Pick out your item, go to the register and PAY for you item BEFORE it leaves the store. I have never been in a store that lets me carry the stuff out put it in the back of my suburban and then go back in and pay. We need to treat every dealing that way. Helps to prevent this kind of crap from happing. Just my 2 cents

I've had dealings with several members here & all went smooth as silk.
I prefer to pay first but that doesn't guarantee I won't get ripped off. (no parts, wrong or damaged parts)
It's all a matter of trust. There's just no way to prevent someone from ripping you off if that's what they aim to do.

If I buy anything on the net I always check their feedback and if it is not good them I don't deal with them. On here it is a little different but you have to get a feel for the person in conversations before the transaction is completed. I am lucky but I have not been burnt yet and I have bought lots of parts. Some of the parts may not have been what I had hoped for but at least I got them.

Real shame that you trusted someone and got burned. But there's nothing wrong with you expecting payment upfront and refusing to work with people who think otherwise. And when I buy something, I try to use the PayPal option whenever I can. That way you a possible resolution channel if you never receive the goods.

-
Back