I may have found it....

-

~LadyLuck~

Simply the Best
Reaction score
What do you all think ?
The car has been a local car for quite some time and I was informed that I could easily purchase it. :cheers:

here are the specs...

dart2.jpg

cooldart.jpg

1973 Dart (I'm not so hip on the year, but other things intrigue me on it.)

Spec.

340 Block, Iron heads, TM-5 Edelbrock, 780 Holley, 904 Trans, Hi Stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet Shifter, Roll Control, Autometer Volt/oil/water gauges, Autometer Tach & Shift Light, Roll Bar, Racing Seat and Harness, Switch Panel w/ fuses, Lexan exept for roll up side windows, Trunk Mounted Battery and Fuel Cell, 1/2" Aluminum Fuel lines, Electric Fuel Pump w/ Bypass, Steel Radiator w/ Dual Electric Fans, Disk Brakes in front, 10" Drums rear (all new), 8.75 Mopar Rear w/ spool, racing axles and studs, Frame connectors, Racing Shocks, 4.5x15 Goodyear on polished weld front, 29/9-15 Hoosier Drag slicks (new) on polished welds in the rear.

it will get a new treatment, but alot of car to start with.

~LL~

Has it been run yet? I am curious about it's current times (if any). Re: the sheetmetal. That's just a front clip change away from being an earlier model. Hope it works out for you.

It runs but as I said if I want this one it will be moot as the treatment it will recieve is going to send it to the eights. :)

~LL~

I think it has your name on it Lady Luck.:happy10:
It sure looks like a good start for what you want.
Heck I would make a few good passes and send the iron to me!! hehe.:-D
There is allot of sweet parts that are in the car so let's get some wheellie bars and a shut on it and then plant the aluminum in it.

I like her :cheers:

Depends on price. As you know, you'll be knee deep in it getting it into the 8's.

I'd look at it as a sum of the parts type deal. The car has some nice parts on it for a 10's and slower ride. Almost nothing on that car would stay as far as driveline. The trans won't work if going BB, rear axle will explode sooner than later. I'm guessing it has leaf springs on the rear... gone as well.

If the car is dirt cheap then it may be smart. Otherwise you may want to look at something that is more complete and consistent with a car that runs the numbers you desire.

I am well aware of what a 8 sec. car needs. Thanks for th input though ;)
The Dart I end up with will have a custom built link rear end put in it so the springs and 8 3/4 will be sold. I have a variety of Neal Chance Power Glides sitting that I can use for the trans. too. This car has alot and the price is kinda high for what I want to do, but none the less I am still looking. I just want a solid body to deal with. The rest is cake.

However this car gave me a idea on the paint work I would do. The car will be all black. Now down where the orange line starts lower front fender there would be a airbrushed shadow figure of a face with red lipstick blowing over her hand (like blowing a kiss) but from her hand (same pattern as the orange stripe) air brushed cool flames will be blown off her hand and down the cars body until about mid rear quarter where a pair of flaming dice will be tumbling. Right after that will be the cars name 'LADY LUCK'

:)

Gotta have vision. Of course sponsor signage will be all over it to.

~LL~

I agree with Crackedback, Nice car but I would look for something closer to what you want. It will save you tons in the long run.

It runs but as I said if I want this one it will be moot as the treatment it will recieve is going to send it to the eights. :)

~LL~

I was asking purely out of curiousity since you mentioned it's current components. I know that you will build it for your purposes but again, I wanted to know what it was currently running. Good luck with your decision.

Nice Dart.
I agree with Longgone, nice paint.
I can see why you want to start with a clean car.
Hope you´ll find the car you´re surching for, I´ll for sure follow your thread
while you´re building the racecar. You will have a thread about it?
I love to see when Mopars come together.

Again guys I appreciate any and all input. See if I am going to build a Mopar I want one that not only the die hard Mopar lover is going to fall in love with I want one the Chuuvy boys will dig as well !! Maybe convert some more of us bowtie bunnies !!

crackedback: what is up with the Chevy Berretta GTU wheels on that there Mopar ? LOL

remember guys I am blonde so attention and retention are at a loss.

~LL~

Again guys I appreciate any and all input. See if I am going to build a Mopar I want one that not only the die hard Mopar lover is going to fall in love with I want one the Chuuvy boys will dig as well !! Maybe convert some more of us bowtie bunnies !!

crackedback: what is up with the Chevy Berretta GTU wheels on that there Mopar ? LOL

remember guys I am blonde so attention and retention are at a loss.

~LL~

I highly doubt it. As for the Berretta wheels (if that is what they are), cracked kind of follows that "dare to be different" philosophy. It's either that or that's the way he picked up the car and is too cheap to at least through some damn steelies on there. All in jest cracked! :bootysha::thebirdm::bootysha:

Oh no, I feel a blonde joke coming...............................okay ,what do you call a dead blonde in the closet?................last years hide and seek winner.:-D

Oh no, I feel a blonde joke coming...............................okay ,what do you call a dead blonde in the closet?................last years hide and seek winner.:-D

I'll call your blonde joke and see you this one:

Q: Why do they discourage blondes from taking coffee breaks?

A: Because the retraining costs are too high? (An oldie but a goodie). ;)

OK lady luck, lets hear your present recipe for a 9 to 10 second car. From what I've read, you're a GM fan. We can skip the how the HP is made, but tell us about your present chassis set-up and what you've learned? Mistakes in set-up are important and how you overcame them. I'd like to think this is a learning board and anything you can add would be greatly appreciated.

I see that you are a dog lover too. What's it's breed? Mix? Purebred Husky?

I had GSDs and now have a Rottweiler mix. I really dig GSDs but these rotties now have my heart. They are intelligent, loyal, 100% upfront, pushy and challenging just like me, lol.

I usally start a dog thread every couple months or so, so keep an eye out.

PLUS, tell us how you set up a 8 to 9 second NHRA legal chassis! I've got a blond sister (I have 7 sisters) and she's the smartest of the bunch so don't think you can pull the wool over my eyes, after all, I'm the wolf in sheep's clothing, lol!

Howling at The Moon

-
Back