I need advice on motor mounts. Anybody with experience would be greatly appreciated.

-

rustykan

Reaction score
inbound1123044615317404548.jpg
a

I am not saying the chain is not a good idea, but I have never used one, and my current 340 is at about 375 HP. That being said, I do not know what you are looking for. You title just says that you need advice on motor mounts, and then you post a rather out of focus picture. I have a LOT of Mopar experience, but I don't know what you want. I see you are a fairly new member. Let me give you some advice, and please don't feel bad about it. We can't help you if we do not know what you need help with. Just saying, "I need advice on motor mounts" does not really tell us anything. Do you need advice on the best kind to buy? Do you need advice on how to install them? Do you need advice on how to tell the left side from the right side? We are happy to help, but you need to provide us with a little more information.
BTW, my daughter's father-in-Law lives in Panama City Beach. I've been there many times. I think it's the nicest area in the panhandle.

Is this a joke post? We don't know WHAT car, WHAT engine, WHAT K Frame and on and on and you want help? We have a LOT of sharp people on here but we need more info, otherwise it's.......
CRYSTAL BALL.jpg

It’s got an orange k frame holding that big block.
SURVAY SAYS: 383?!?

I believe you are referring to the passenger side is up and the drivers side is down make sure you have the correct mount on the correct side if they are swapped on the wrong side this can happen what your picture is showing

If its balanced within 3 grams use steel mounts from Moroso. That's all we use on every car we build. But it needs to be expertly balanced. If they don't get steel mounts they get a front motor plate . Big cubes get front and mid plate. Even the tuner cars are steel mounted. Rubber is for Cadillacs, Lincolns, and Chryslers. No rattles or header pipe hit issues with steel mounts. And 4 spd cars shift like butter without the shifter rocking. Just something to consider when building a car like this with headers.

20171222_142031 (2).jpg

100_0098 (2).JPG

22.jpg

Steve 065.JPG

193.JPG

100_0115.JPG

100_0109.JPG

100_0123 (3).JPG

100_0124 (2).JPG

The polylocks are designed to 'lock' in place, they will not pull apart, but they will slide apart, if that makes sense.

I could see the poly stretching and the motor got lower on the passenger side.

Got them directly from Schumacher. Their customer service was very good, replaced them twice, so three sets.
They asked me to build a heat shield, done, two different versions, but also agreed one should not be needed at all, especially on the driver's side. It is clearly not caused by heat, driver mount is way forward of the exhaust.

They wanted a torque strap installed, original bb car so theirs was not an option. I told them I put a chain on it, and the second round I put a bolt right through the driver's side mount. Passenger side still failed.
They would only warranty if I had their headers, I did from the beginning.

Gave up, bought their powder coated brackets with rubber mounts, passenger side bracket bent. I put it in my vise, bent it back with ease, didn't even hurt the powder coat.
I put my original bracket in the vise, couldn't bend it at all.

I did everything possible, mounts failed, engine leaned to passenger side permanently each time, and then their new bracket bent.

They don't melt, it's not related to heat, they slide apart.

People tell me all the time, they have them, no issues, however when I ask if they actually looked at them they say no.

I am not saying the chain is not a good idea, but I have never used one, and my current 340 is at about 375 HP. That being said, I do not know what you are looking for. You title just says that you need advice on motor mounts, and then you post a rather out of focus picture. I have a LOT of Mopar experience, but I don't know what you want. I see you are a fairly new member. Let me give you some advice, and please don't feel bad about it. We can't help you if we do not know what you need help with. Just saying, "I need advice on motor mounts" does not really tell us anything. Do you need advice on the best kind to buy? Do you need advice on how to install them? Do you need advice on how to tell the left side from the right side? We are happy to help, but you need to provide us with a little more information.
BTW, my daughter's father-in-Law lives in Panama City Beach. I've been there many times. I think it's the nicest area in the panhandle.
LOL! I see that. Had a really good camera on my really nice phone but I cracked the lens now this is what I got. I bought some mounts but they seem a little short. By that I mean the left side front of the oil pan Is hitting the k member. The motor is just actually sitting on the mounts one side bolted. The oil filter mount is questionable also. This is my first ever mopar project. Always been fords or Chevys or UH-1s. I appreciate the help. I will get some better pictures. I'm not sure what exactly all else I'm gonnaxhavecto change. The heater fan motor is gonna be a issue.

From this pic;
looks like a BB in a 67>69 A-body to me; with fat tires on the front, and the engine looks cranked over to one side.

My eyes are only 71 years old tho, and still working better than ever; God is good..
Its a 71xDemon LLWe took the slant out and I wantcthis 440 to fit in correctly. Safely. I see you knew what you were looking at. Thank you very much. I appreciate them 71 year old eyes!

Did you get conversion mounts ( the metal part) and iirc the pass side rubber biscuit mount is from a truck and about 1 1/2" thick ves 3/4" for a standard car rubber biscuit.

My numbers are for example I do not know the real numbers.

LOL! I see that. Had a really good camera on my really nice phone but I cracked the lens now this is what I got. I bought some mounts but they seem a little short. By that I mean the left side front of the oil pan Is hitting the k member. The motor is just actually sitting on the mounts one side bolted. The oil filter mount is questionable also. This is my first ever mopar project. Always been fords or Chevys or UH-1s. I appreciate the help. I will get some better pictures. I'm not sure what exactly all else I'm gonnaxhavecto change. The heater fan motor is gonna be a issue.

That sounds strange. I think the improved pictures will really help.

-
Back