I need help w/ small pattern wheels

-

Sweet70Swinger

Sweet70Swinger
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i have a 1970 Dart Swinger, and i am looking for wheel suggestions. It has the 4" 5 lug pattern and i haven't found many wheels that will fit. If you found a good set or know where to look please help me out..thanks

-Hamm-
:salut:

Crager and Centerline bolth make small bolt rims. You can also go the custom route with Bogart, Holeshot or Stockton wheel.

If you research through some of the threads on here, you will find some great forums concerning wheels for A bodies.The members here are quite knowledgable.....for the most part.

I am using 14 x 5.5 steels with wheel covers.

2549elks_and_Alexis_and_other_032-med.jpg

i fit the 15x7 and 15x8 ralleye wheels on the demon... tight fit but look real nice. check summit racing.

Check Wheels Vintique..Thet will make a ralleye 15x8 with 4in bolt pattern,Chrome or stock

I have a 71 swinger, Wasn't willing to pay the big price tag that they want for the custume cut small bolt pattern rims. So I'm running stainless steel brake system up front that converts to 4.5 bolt pattern. Then had to purchase moser axels with larger bolt pattern for the rear, and redrill the factor drums. I sreach high and low for a new drum off every car model and make in the book with the right spec to fit, but was force to redrill the stockers. Currently have 18x8 centerline all the way around with 245/40/18 nttos. fit great, look great.

In the end I payed about the same I would for the small bolt pattern rim, but I gained better brakes, stonger axles, and a better varity of rims. There are endless amount of rims for the 4.5 bolt pattern. for the smaller bolt pattern I only found about 5-6 options and that includes the stockers in a larger sizes.

My Valiant is going the 4.5 conversion route. That is as soon as I can track down a 8 1/4 rear end in my area. Paying for shipping sucks. I looked into doing the 4" bolt pattern Rallye wheel thing and figured that by the time I paid for the wheel, the trim ring, the center cap, and the lug nuts, (think left handed 7/16 for one side) I was better off going the Centerline/Cragar route. I figured that if I was going to go custom, I might as well wait until I upgraded the brakes and suspension to the level I wanted and then go for the rolling stock.
Just food for thought.

Revhendo. :drinkers:

I had the same dilemma... Eventually I am going to upgrade my brakes and go with a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern, until then I didn't want to spent too much money on new wheels, so I elected the have the stock steel wheels powdercoated. I dropped them off today so we will se what they look like in a week.

I have seen weldwheel products on early a bodies, but after researching, I haven't been able to find anything they have that would fit. Discontinued??? or perhaps they were 4.5" bolt circle.

I just went through the conversion ,new axles $- i took off the rallyes 15 by 8 in back 4" bolt pattern and 14" in the front -now have a big selction i wnt with weld drag lites

I bought a set of halibrand style aluminum wheels for my 68 Dart GTS. Six inch wide on the front and seven on the rear. These wheels are 15 inch so they give you lots of tire options. They look great. I purchased them from American Wheel Covers on line on ebay. If you want pictures let me know. They run $125 each plus they use regular chrome lug nuts. Jeff :headbang:

I really like those Coy C-5's. Too bad they don't come in sizes smaller than 17x7. toolmanmike

i bought coy's c-5 wheels. 17x7-5x4" 4 1/2" back spacing. 225/50/17 tires.
od same as 215/70/14. 2" wider. tires do not hit anywhere. don't have pic, but sure brought car to life. do yourself a favor, buy a set .you won't regret it

Sweet70Swinger said:
Hey everyone, i have a 1970 Dart Swinger, and i am looking for wheel suggestions. It has the 4" 5 lug pattern and i haven't found many wheels that will fit. If you found a good set or know where to look please help me out..thanks

-Hamm-
:salut:

They make a great small bolt circle wheel. It's the Series 61 composite

http://www.cragar.com/WheelSearch.asp

Here are the originals on my original 69 Dart

th_Snap2.jpg

I Personally Went Thru Wheels Vintique. They Had Parts Rep's That New Exactly What I Needed As Far As Back Spacing And Size Of Wheel And Tire That I Would Need. It Was An Honest And Easy Transaction Over The Phone!

Better get them while you can, they're probably collector pieces since Cragar no longer makes them in the SBP. I got mine last year so I'm happy:evil2:

P6020033 (Custom).JPG

-
Back