i need some thing to do!

-

rlevs

Reaction score
Okay i have been just kinda of staying in the back ground and reading posts. well i have had to go back in for more surgery on my back and am stuck in a chair and bed for the next few months. just wondered if any of you have any ideas to pass the time other than the tv and or computer or driving my wife insain. :blob::blob::blob:

jigsaw puzzle? hot nurse to give you lots of sponge baths?

I like logic puzzles but, you can only do them so long.... Building models can help pass the time as well.

hows this for a task, find me a 72 EL5 demon with sizzler striping package, 340 4 speed, bench seat and A/C
all in good working condition for 5 K shipped to my door in MI

that oughta keep you busy

Write down the stories of your life. Do it now while you have the chance. It will be a great gift for your loved ones. If you don't do it, no one will. Put them in a notebook and keep them in a prominent place.

Write down the stories of your life. Do it now while you have the chance. It will be a great gift for your loved ones. If you don't do it, no one will. Put them in a notebook and keep them in a prominent place.

just be sure your wife doesn't read them until after you die or you will need a whole lot more surgery :banghead:

i like all those ideas writing is one i did not think of oh and my wife has been along for most of those rides no surgery again. loving on the dog trying and he is not a small dog just can't bend over. Models well they are in the basement and they do not want me up and down the steps. started reading books and the jig saw puzzle might be a good idea.

Search parts for your or your friends cars! A friend of mine did it for three month. One of his busiest time ever! But the time took off real fast for him!

Is a model not allowed where you are to be worked on? Just take an old blanket or something plastic to lay in your lap should you drop something.

If you can rent a mobillity scooter later on so you can get outside during warm days are just a wheel chair to get out on the porch it will help with cabin fever. It's a *****. But take it slow are you may have stay in that chair alot longer.

I hope your surgery goes well. it just stinks to be stuck in the house. I had surgery on my left arm in January and was off for five weeks. In September I broke my right elbow at work and had to have surgery to fix it and was off for four more weeks. I didn't get to race this year at all.

Might try jigidy.com.Free computor jig saw puzzles.I go to machines.Lots a cool Hot Rods and if you scroll through there are lots of Mopars.

The public library has thousands of free DVD's, not just movies but all kinds, you can order online, they will even get them from other branches.

Start drinking a lot of booze.
It passes the time, is a great pain medicine, and when you wake up from your alcoholic stupor in a few months you'll be ready to get active again.
You might even discover that you are a really good singer after all.
Booze beats boredom, it worked for me.

Just kidding! If it wasn't for humour, i would have went off the deep end earlier this year when i had my back problems and was laid up for several months.......

Okay i have been just kinda of staying in the back ground and reading posts. well i have had to go back in for more surgery on my back and am stuck in a chair and bed for the next few months. just wondered if any of you have any ideas to pass the time other than the tv and or computer or driving my wife insain. :blob::blob::blob:

rebuild my holley's

My kids got me a book, can't remember exactly what it's called. But it asked questions about your life... Favorite pet, first car, where did you first make love, regrets you had and things you wish you had done different. Things like that. Mine is now filled out with total honesty. It's in my safe wrapped in duct tape and labeled "do not open till I have been dead at least 1 year!!". Get something like that for the family to learn more about you once your gone.

Oh man!, does the wife change your diapers or do you use one of those bed pans? or a bedside commode?....Perhaps you could have the wife trim those toe nails while you're sleeping and give you a good massage!....Don't get too stoned on the Norco or Vicodin for your back pain and most of all, don't trip and fall or you're liable to end up back in the hospital!

no i can get up and walk it is just the brace i have to put on every time i get up, or as i call it body armor! lot of good suggestion, rustyratrod blow up doll well maybe if i did not have kids running around. online jigsaw puzzles i will have to look in to that

no i can get up and walk it is just the brace i have to put on every time i get up, or as i call it body armor! lot of good suggestion, rustyratrod blow up doll well maybe if i did not have kids running around. online jigsaw puzzles i will have to look in to that

Any particular trade, or something you would like to learn? Online classes might be the ticket.

-
Back