I shipped an item the seller says was bad

-
this thread is worthless seriosuly stop the stupid bickering

I just wasted 20 minutes reading this thread, thanks....Makes my 4 teenagers look normal..

I know one of the first parts I sold(a speedo cluster)I didn,t have the experience of wrapping/packageing and the part was junk(smashed/broken)I made good and sent another,this time using a bigger box and extra bubble wrap.The part made it safely on it,s 1500 mile voyage.This was a lesson learned in shipping parts.I hope you guys can see past this as a lesson learned in shipping critical parts.Peace brothers!:cheers:

Selling items online is the easy part, packing and shipping the item is the real work. I have packed and shipped hundreds of items and I can tell you that it is a job to pack items to withstand the trip through any carrier you send them through. I make it a habit of listing no more than 6 items a week. That way I only have to spend one weekend day packing items. Yes, it takes that long to properly pack 6 items, especially odd shaped car parts. Try shipping drip rail mouldings or window trim or really odd shaped items, then you will get an idea of what it takes to properly pack an item to ship. I have only had one incident of damage in all of my sales, some Dart drip rails shipped to Hawaii from Michigan. They were packed well enough, but the buyer declined to insure them and when they arrived they were shaped like pretzels. What did I do??? I could have just wrote it off and blamed the buyer for not opting for insurance, and the buyer chalked it up to live and learn. Not me though!! The very next set I got were packed in my new industrial "carrier proof" packaging method and sent to him on my dollar, no extra charge for the parts or shipping!!!

The lesson here, if you are going to sell parts on the net, be prepared to do the real work, protecting your sale with incredible packaging!!! Just ask the guy who just bought the 13 piece set of interior stainless from me how his items were packaged!!! Glad to see that you guys are at least at a compromise!!! Geof

I know one of the first parts I sold(a speedo cluster)I didn,t have the experience of wrapping/packageing and the part was junk(smashed/broken)I made good and sent another,this time using a bigger box and extra bubble wrap.The part made it safely on it,s 1500 mile voyage.This was a lesson learned in shipping parts.I hope you guys can see past this as a lesson learned in shipping critical parts.Peace brothers!:cheers:

This is the right thing to do. Way to go brother! I can appreciate that attitude as my Dad always told me about the job he lost big money on. Was refibreglassing the deck of a cabin boat and fu**ed it up.so he redid it no charge. Im the same way. Cant live with myself otherwise,lol!

One trick I learned is that I take photo's of an item for sale, then package it... then post it for sale... that way it's ready to go, and I know the dimensions of the package for a shipping quote. If I am selling it I have no use for it so doesn't bother me to be packaged up in a box.

Thats a good idea. I mean for insurance purposes it would be great right? I always insure all my packages well over thier value and really Im overkill on the packing. Be ready to use a knife to get it open!

-
Back