I shipped an item the seller says was bad

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I recived these connecting rods and didnt not need them. I sold them to a member and he was not happy with the packing job. I wrapped them in individual plastic bags and then put them in a flat rate box. Once the box had all the rods in it I filled the box with packing paper and sent it on its way. Seller recieved box and was unhappy about the packing. They were not packed extremly tight as I was at the limits of the Flat Rate Box. If this was wrong I appologize.

Up here in Canada I dont think we have a flat rate box, thank God. Not that you packed like this, but all I am envisioning is a wife packing for a holiday and squattin' on the suitcase.

they were put into plastic grocery store bags together. they rattled around in the box like broken glass. they were connecting rods. engine parts. I gave you a good guy alert because I paid for rods and I got rods. They will work but were packaged badly. I mentioned something to you about it in PM just to let you know next time you might want to do it better. We got into an argument in chat and I threw it up again in anger. I shouldn't have done that and I apologize. I gave you a good guy alert even though they were not packaged well at all. I said nothing about it until now, after you brought it up. You order connecting rods new and see how they are packed. Granted, they are not new, but they are engine parts. I posted the good guy alert but I get this to try to make me out the bad guy. It was nothing personal. the rods should have been packed better. That's all there is to it. nothing more. nothing less.

Oh, and I was not the "seller" as your title here says. I was the "buyer". I never said the rods were bad. Just the shipping method.

having owned a post office outlet here in Canada for 19 years, seen it all.

We always told people it was better to overpack, pay the price and get it there in one piece rather than taking your chance to save a few bucks!
Granted some just have no clue, but it's not rocket science either.

Is any of this necessary? I mean come on guys lets be cool

it would have been a good idea to put each rod in plastic and then wrap news paper around each individual rod and then put some news paper at the bottom of the box below the rods and the top of the box above the rods with a little stuffing at both ends.

news papers are cheap and it only takes a few seconds to crumble some paper up lol.

good for you for making a deal and getting it shipped out and all and you may have not known any better but.....you live and learn, but I agree.....sounds like a slightly better packaging job could have been done,either way though...you got your money and he got his parts and they sound like they are still in good usable shape so I hope all is well for everyone!

it would have been a good idea to put each rod in plastic and then wrap news paper around each individual rod and then put some news paper at the bottom of the box below the rods and the top of the box above the rods with a little stuffing at both ends.

news papers are cheap and it only takes a few seconds to crumble some paper up lol.

good for you for making a deal and getting it shipped out and all and you may have not known any better but.....you live and learn, but I agree.....sounds like a slightly better packaging job could have been done,either way though...you got your money and he got his parts and they sound like they are still in good usable shape so I hope all is well for everyone!

I was fine with it. No one here would have ever known but him had he not started this thread. I simply let him know so that he could avoid it in the future. Was my only reason for telling him. I gave him a good guy alert and I'm standing by it. I paid for parts and got them in good rebuildable condition. This thread wasn't my idea.

I was fine with it. No one here would have ever known but him had he not started this thread. I simply let him know so that he could avoid it in the future. Was my only reason for telling him. I gave him a good guy alert and I'm standing by it. I paid for parts and got them in good rebuildable condition. This thread wasn't my idea.

Agreed, sometimes certain issues should be kept private. I guess that in the end everyone involved ended up with the deal being completed. Move on guys.

All I see is a seller who made a mistake, and is publicly apologizing. Good for Him, and good for the seller still giving a good guy alert. Alls well.

At least you didn't pack a big fart in with it...like some member I know

Actually I posted this after it was thrown in my face. The buyer said he could throw me under the bus. So I said to hell with it. I don't like people holding things over my head so I posted this so next time I won't have to feel that way. This transaction took place over a month ago.

I bought a radio on Ebay that was in a flat rate box with very little padding. The power knob was broken off and the radio didn't work. I sent it back and got the price refunded, but was out $30.00 for s+h. Then the guy sent me a tear-stained email about how the knob was broken and the radio didn't work anymore!

I already told you I said that in anger and apologized. What more do you want from me? I can't do any more than that. I'm sorry. I was mad. i said some things I shouldn't have. But so did you. We were both bein buttholes. I'm man enough to take half the blame and man enough to apologize. But I didn't bring this out in open forum. You did.

I already told you I said that in anger and apologized. What more do you want from me? I can't do any more than that. I'm sorry. I was mad. i said some things I shouldn't have. But so did you. We were both bein buttholes. I'm man enough to take half the blame and man enough to apologize. But I didn't bring this out in open forum. You did.

Rob it really has nothing to do with if you apologized. I mearly posted this for next time. Because next time people will already have known. One thing I don't do is make empty threats. So next time you mention throwing me under the bus you have no ammo.

I've only packed a few thousand parts in my day so this is how I would have packed them, first-- forget the flat rate boxes you can't fit crap in them and make you own (free boxes at most grocery and dollar stores).. Second-- I always use the "tape it" dollar store brand clear packing tape, $1.50 a roll, is as good as any 3M brand... Third--- the packing, I would have wrapped each rod in 3 or 4 pieces of news paper and put a piece of cardboard between each rod and packed them tight, you don't want parts rattling around, not only might it damage the part it makes it easier for the box to bust open during shipping....

I dont make empty threats. I told you in chat I wasnt going to do it after I said it. You seem to think you're blamless here. That's fine. I hope you do use this experience for next time too. Next time, I hope you package someone's parts better than you did mine. Connecting rods are pretty tough, but not everything is. Again, I reiterate what I said in chat. I would not have done this to you even though I said so in anger. I told you then I wasnt going to do it. I keep my word. Like I did when we agreed on a payment arrangement on the rods you were so generous to offer. I completed the purchase and paid as agreed. I gave you a good guy alert even though the packaging was poor at best. I got no good guy alert in return. Then you post this thread and still in your responses take no blame. I stand behind my good guy alert because the deal was completed and I got rods that are in rebuildable condition, just like you said. There was really nothing to hold over your head. You knew they could have been packaged better and so did I. We were the only two people who needed to know. This was a totally unnecessary thread. I told you at least twice in chat I would not do this because what I said was in anger. I don't lie to people. I have not lied here. You want to try to make me out the bad guy for buying something as agreed? That's your choice. Sorry you feel that way. Through all this, you've offered no apology for crummy packaging or even acted like you could have done it better. That's all it would have taken. That speaks volumes to me and I hope others are taking this in. All of this could have been avoided. I just hope that you package things better in the future for others because you'll not get the chance to package anything for me again.

I recived these connecting rods and didnt not need them. I sold them to a member and he was not happy with the packing job. I wrapped them in individual plastic bags and then put them in a flat rate box. Once the box had all the rods in it I filled the box with packing paper and sent it on its way. Seller recieved box and was unhappy about the packing. They were not packed extremly tight as I was at the limits of the Flat Rate Box. If this was wrong I appologize.[/QUOTE]

Look up

You totally missed the point. In my first thread I stated exactly what I did and apoplgized for it. The point of this is I dont need you thowing it in my face when you decide your mad an upset.

Hate , a harsh 4 letter word that I hate to use. No better word to use in the following comment...
I HATE styrofoam peanuts.
Trying to properly pakcage a part sometimes make me wish I hadn't sold it in the first place. We've all seen those TV infomercials that say, "Second one free. Just pay addition shipping and handling ( 8.95 )." I can understand that.

I say drop it! You guy's are sounding like a couple of kids fighting over who took who's ball!! This site is not for babies,but for more serious people looking for Mopar info and Parts. Just my 2 cents..

When wrapping or packaging use Duct tape!! lots and lots of duct tape!!

Per. Red Green.

All I see is a seller who made a mistake, and is publicly apologizing. Good for Him, and good for the seller still giving a good guy alert. Alls well.

At least you didn't pack a big fart in with it...like some member I know[/QUOTE

rotflmfaf!!!:cheers:

-
Back