I think I got hosed by a fabo member?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that he is going to be a stand up guy. He just fell short on the inspection side of the part. It happens and it allways sucks the worst when it happens to you.

LOL @ me, once I mailed a guy 2 U-bolts, not the 4 he needed. OMG! I was absoultely beside myself, I couldn't beileve what I did. Actually, I could in retospect being distracted with very important family stuff, but LOL OMG! When I got the E-mail from him. I was like No flippin way!

I went out to the garage and seen exactly where I left the other 2 U-bolts! Needless to say, my eyes hurt from praticaly popping outta my head!

It's called being human. There's only ever been one Perfect Man who walked this Earth and I don't know about you, but I never got an application for that job.

It appears that he is going to be a stand up guy. He just fell short on the inspection side of the part. It happens and it allways sucks the worst when it happens to you.

LOL @ me, once I mailed a guy 2 U-bolts, not the 4 he needed. OMG! I was absoultely beside myself, I couldn't beileve what I did. Actually, I could in retospect being distracted with very important family stuff, but LOL OMG! When I got the E-mail from him. I was like No flippin way!

I went out to the garage and seen exactly where I left the other 2 U-bolts! Needless to say, my eyes hurt from praticaly popping outta my head!

HAHAHA thats some funny stuff

It could have been an honest mistake on the sellers part by not inspecting the part before listing it for sale. Hope it all works out for both the buyer and seller. As for a "Good Guy Alert" when it pertains to someone selling merchandise through these forums, Just an idea, maybe a "Good Guy Alert" should apply if the seller has successfully sold more than 5 items through these forums without any issues. Just an idea.

I hear ya buddy...I seen that thread when it happened and I tried to have your back on the hole thing because I have dealt with you before andhad nothing bad to say....but the mods had different plans in store lol.

Oh yes, there are all sorts of plans for all sorts of people. 8)

Hopefully, this situation/thread gets totally resolved sooner than later since it appeared to be a little premature.

I have still not got a reply email back yet....I hope he will email me back or send me the refund through my paypal soon.

I have sent multiple emails and PM's and I see he has been on fabo since I have sent them so I know he has been around a computer.

I really hope that things will go smoothly...I jsut want it to be made right....I even emailed him and told him i would be willing to except a $30.00 refund instead of the hole thing so he didnt have to go empty handed for the hole thing either but I have not got a reply back from him yet.

I notice that there are away messages left from other members on his profile that sound like unhappy customers so maybe this is a repetitive thing?

I sure hope not.

Did you have him send you pictures before you bought the parts? I would never buy something without pictures. If you didn't not sure a refund would be an option, if you did and they looked like the pictures you took would you still have bought it??

Yes that is the thread.....the pictures I received though did not show the bad areas such as the bolts or the master cylinder....I was under the impression it was a good working unit.... and from the pictures it looked to have had a bit of surface rust on it but seeing it in person there is alot more rust.....but there is no way with this booster being in the condition that it is.

either way you look at it the booster is unusable.

Just waiting for him to email me back....if he does I will update everyone!

Did you have him send you pictures before you bought the parts? I would never buy something without pictures. If you didn't not sure a refund would be an option, if you did and they looked like the pictures you took would you still have bought it??

no if the pictures showed what the inside of the master cylinder looked like and what the bolts looked like I would have not spent the money!

because with what the inside of the master looked like it would have to be changed...and in order to change it...there has to be threads to unbolt it and these threads are rusted over and would surely snap if you tried to remove them.

Not to mention the booster itself had a bunch of water in it and a booster should not have water in it...let alone brown water which means that its rusting from the inside too

Why buy a used booster when a new one with master is only $100? Brakes are too important to rely on used parts IMO.

I think I have one if you need it you can have it...Pay shipping from 13801...pm me I will send you all the pics you need.... I assumme its off an A-body,,,the one I have is off a 73 sport coupe....

Why buy a used booster when a new one with master is only $100? Brakes are too important to rely on used parts IMO.

HAHA $100.00? I have not seen any priced near that?......and around here NO ONE sells boosters for my duster or any surrounding years of dusters or other a bodies.....not to mention not many places around here carry much chrysler stuff, seems like all they are worried about is chevy and ford parts....if I had a mustang or a camaro I could buy any part I needed but of course since i dared to be different ( lol ) I cant find the parts I need....no body caries them here...not autozone,advance,o'rielys,my local performance shop,summit racing,jegs,year one,ebay has 1 and its a used one for around $150,no local brake shops can get it.

I did not think it would be so hard to come by but atleast here in michigan it is...not sure about anywhere else.

I was at a stand still on my duster and thought my last choice was to buy a used one and in this case the used one was no better than having none at all.

I did a quick google search and found one for $144ish... Rock Auto Parts

I have also looked there.

The problem is that The parts suppliers (PDQ as the stores call them) no longer re manufacture that model of booster....yet for some reason all these companies still show them as available in there system but as soon as you try to order the booster or if you go to the store and try to order the booster...the computer checks with "PDQ" to see the availability of the part and then it comes up as un available since its no longer made.

Cardone was the main re manufacturer of this model of booster...if not the only? sure seems like it with as hard as it is to come by one lol.

I have never had this much trouble finding the parts I needed before....seems like someone would still make them and seems like someone would make them for a decent price too......but no such luck as of yet

What year are we talking about exactly? The last 2 I got one was for a 73 and 74 dart, I have a friend at our local Advance and that helps some on the price. I have had problems getting calipers but never boosters.

for a 1972 (the keg shaped booster)

I have even searched for the 73-75 style booster with no luck finding those either...I however can order a booster from a 76 on line at advanceautoparts but not in the advance store.

reason that wont work though is because its the "pancake" style booster and is larger in diameter and would hit my valve covers and posibly even my headers.

I need either the 72 style which I believe is the same as 70 and 71 or i could use the 73-75 style.

I also have a friend at my local advance and get 10% off which helps....but no luck finding the darn part I need lol

Rock Auto:

Call them though and make sure they are availible....

1972 PLYMOUTH DUSTER 5.2L 318cid V8 (G) : Brake/Wheel Hub : Power Brake Booster Price Core Total
A-1 CARDONE Part # 506206 {w/Master Cylinder; Reman. - Return and Rebuild ONLY - Please Contact Customer Service for More Info}

$144.79 $60.00 $204.79

Rock Auto:

Call them though and make sure they are availible....

1972 PLYMOUTH DUSTER 5.2L 318cid V8 (G) : Brake/Wheel Hub : Power Brake Booster Price Core Total
A-1 CARDONE Part # 506206 {w/Master Cylinder; Reman. - Return and Rebuild ONLY - Please Contact Customer Service for More Info}

$144.79 $60.00 $204.79

Thanks but I already tried.

Cardone the manufacturer is the same manufacturer used by advance auto aswell and they no longer make the booster.

The computer systems had never been updated to show that the part is unavailable.

but thanks for looking out!

Little late for me to chime in but like they say better late than never.....So this post is for all who buy parts......check the parts immediately upon recieving them. do allow time for seller to respond before changing titles of threads......do ask for good descriptions of parts and pic's of the parts.......save all correspondence untill you are positive you are happy about the purchase....sellers....... give accurate descriptions about you parts and if there is a flaw....point it out.....Yea I bet that went over real good but I think the members here will appreciate the honesty and if the part isnt good it isnt good so scrap it. If seller and buyer agree the part is garbage....why ship it back and cost the seller more money? at sellers discretion the purchaser can scrap it and save the seller the ride back home....face it the seller is already out money for the time removing it packing it and shipping quote...time spent on pic's etc. if your descripions of the part you are selling are not accurate and the pic's somehow do not choose to show the flawed areas then take better pic's and give better descriptions and this won't happen...to both seller and buyer and I mean this .......be polite to each other, Look for a solution that is amicable to both and try your best to handle it amongst yourselves......I say this because here at f.a.b.o. we do value the people who sell us parts, they do put a lot of time and effort into every sale and are a valuable asset to our hobby. and those of us that sell parts.......the people that buy them from us here on f.a.b.o. should be treated as our best of friends when giving them descriptions you will and should be asked a lot of questions and it may be a pain in the butt to answer some of them but you honesty and integrity will seal the deal so protect your reputation cause it's part of the job.......That's all I have too say about this subject for now...........Wagg's

My question is why would anyone use power brakes on an A-body? PB are not needed even for women. I have tyhree A-bodies 68 Barracuda with 383 72 Dusrter with 340 and 74 Duster 360 car. Idrove a 73 Duster with 440 for eight years and female drivers never had a complaint about stopping power or ease of use. A couple of personal observations, The extra junk hanging in the engine bay is ugly and adds an extra critical part that can fail on a life safety item. Ever think about upgradfing to the aluminum master cyclinder?

Thanks for chimin in waggs

I also thought of it how you mentioned... in that it would cost him more money if he refunded all the money to me because he would be out the money he spent to ship it to me in the first place . So in all fairness I contacted him and told him I would be willing to take a partial refund that way the money he could pocket would cover is expenses and then some.

I also told him that if it would be less hassle for him and my self and he prefered it I would take the booster to the scrap yard instead of shipping it back to him in exchange for the partial refund instead of a refund for the full amount.

Im trying to work with him on it so we can both be happy campers but he either is not one to check emails often or he is avoiding emails.

either way I hope him and I can get this resolved and over with and he can hold onto a good reputation.

In the mean time...I am still on the hunt for the parts I need

My question is why would anyone use power brakes on an A-body? PB are not needed even for women. I have tyhree A-bodies 68 Barracuda with 383 72 Dusrter with 340 and 74 Duster 360 car. Idrove a 73 Duster with 440 for eight years and female drivers never had a complaint about stopping power or ease of use. A couple of personal observations, The extra junk hanging in the engine bay is ugly and adds an extra critical part that can fail on a life safety item. Ever think about upgradfing to the aluminum master cyclinder?

My duster came factory with power assist disc brakes...and was trying to keep that aspect of it how it was.....I purchased the car and the booster and bracket were missing...I already dropped $50.00 on the bracketry from one fabo member so going to just a master I would have wasted the money on the brackets unless I could resell them but the demand for them is not very high.

I would consider going to just a master style set up but I would still have to buy everything to convert it and I am sure I would have as little of luck finding those parts as i am having finding the booster.

I am not sure what all is needed to go to just a master set up? the pushrod and a master cylinder? or is there something I am missing?

I would need it for a 72 duster with disc front brakes if that makes a difference.

I am sure I can come up with a master cylinder easy enough as parts stores do sell those HOWEVER I can not find the pushrod and even if I could ...I do not know what years interchange....if anyone has the pushrod or the other things needed for going manual ...PM me and I may just go that route

I agree with FURZ4, i would never use a used booster , Unless from a VERY reliable source .... especially if ANY signs of rust on it .. Master cylinder minimum rebuilt ... you do not get very many chances to stop a vehicle after brakes give out... Glad all worked out with seller

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back