I think I'm out

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did or said nothing to or about him in either the first or now this second case. And I can have no respect for him or his position while he is condescending and hypocritical in as much as he would admonish someone for "name calling", then do the same thing in the same paragraph.

And since the threat of banishment looms for namecalling I can only assume it should also apply to a Mod as well as the rest of us.

IF I had called him a dumbass or a smartass (which I did neither) I could understand the duress I've been placed under. But it was HE who referred to myself and another member by those names.

Easy my friend. PMs work wonders. Mono a Mono. That's the way it's done in my neighborhood and this is the barrio. Last night one of my buddies came in the gate "unannouced" and both my neighbors and my dog almost took him out. Dumbass, he should have just said "I'm here to see Joe" or "Joe! I'm here!".

Did I tell you all I dig my nieghbors? We all look out for each other. It should be the same way here.......

So inquiring minds want to know..........How's "IT" coming along.

Did you get the radiator yet ?

And by the way Sarah Palin is on SNL tonight.........

I read the locked thread and I have to agree with you 68 Sedan. I saw nothing you did wrong, but i did see an unjust attack by the mod. Heck I'm ready to be baned myself after what happened while I was away from home. My wife signed in using my username to ask a question about the exhaust kit she wanted to buy and have installed on my car as a surprise when I returned. She also used a pm to give some parts to a member that had listed a wanted ad. She was questioned for doing this and I've been bothered by it since then. No one should reprimand another then do the same thing themselves in the next paragraph. It's their playground so are we supposed to take crap and not say anything frankftiregod?
John didn't a member get mad by not being the center of attention any longer, pick up his toys and run off this site screaming foul a couple of years ago, then came back and became moderator? A childish auto technician on the third rebuild of his 360 six barrel if I remember correctly (although it is a beautiful Cuda by the way). I've wanted to say that for a long time so call me names and call my posts stupid again. And yes I'd say it to your face, we need to meet sometime and have a drink or two.
Ok I'm finished, ban me John

68 Sedan, you would be missed.
I´m trying to live according to the command " turn the other cheek" it´s not always easy but when done I always feel a certain satisfaction.
And as John wrote there always a ignore list, can this be used temporary?

FIRST of all....

I did try and resolve this via PM's.

I also made the initial call because of the previous non-sense over the political BS that kept popping up on the board where several members complained. The person whom is dragging this on has been known to be a little harsh with his responses to other members.

The person whom was banned put IMAGINARY WORDS in his post defending 68. When someone ADDS a word that isn't there it can change the post entirely. So to me that's someone just looking for a fight. Especially when it was someone else's post. Then he told me to "Go get laid..." which is NOT what we want members telling each other, let alone the people trying to keep order.

And finally, I left the site years ago because me & JOEY didn't see eye to eye either. But we worked it out. Nothing to do with attention or any other IMAGINARY reason. I was also asked to come back.....

All I know is that I go out of my way to make people feel comfortable here. I try and give tech advice (WITH PICTURES..... not just OPINION) to help people. I've reached into my own pocket , bought, and GAVE AWAY the ORIGINAL site window stickers for this site. I weed through all the BS posts that don't interest me, but I do it to make sure there's nothing potentially volatile. Let's go back to the thread where 68 posts the window decal with the extended fingers questions. That was very informative, mature, and appropriate for a family site, huh?

So if this is the way some of you feel about me because I put my foot down, fine.... Go to any prison and ask the inmates what they think about the Police after they get caught..... :angry7:

Oh, by the way: If this gets me removed as a moderator, so be it. From what I understand, 68 is about to lose HIS privilege as a Mod over at FBBO because of his attitude, and has been warned about it too from administrators. Good job dude.... now go give us some more bumper sticker translations if that's the best you can come up with for site contributions.

I am DONE with this conversation. Want me out? Tell Joey & Adam.... I try too hard here for this abuse. Maybe one of YOU guys can do better.

Yeah, I guess some of you will be glad to see me go. But others, especially those who have PM'd me in support of some problems I've had with a certain over zealous Mod might hate to see me go.

Would you like a list of people that have PMd me asking what your problem is ? It goes both ways so dont think your getting the short end of the stick here.

But I'm done. I'm tired of the BS and some forking double standard that seems to think videos of fart contests and discussions of someone's BALLS are appropriate for this site.
If you8 dont like it dont read it. Again, you got your political forum, why are you still whining ? The politics cause fight, Farts and balls dont.

So I think I'm done. I'll still get my pm's and will check in to the for sale section...but I've had it.

Thats your choice, dont think everyone is going to feel sorry for you.

I'll still be on FBBO if anyone wants me there.

so lets see how long this gets left up

When do we ever delete threads ?

I have nothing against you, You obviously got under Johns skin and then kept pushing buttons. Were all adults here, learn to work your problems out like everyone else does instead of threatening to take your ball and go home.

Winter seems to be rolling in early all ready and I hope I dont have to deal with this for the next 6 months.

I don,t know any Mods personally or 68 for that matter,but you guys sound like your all old friends.Friends with different opinions,personalitys and objections.It,s in the past now.Some of youz have a lot of A-body knowledge which is appreciated.put it behind and carry on with the great site.Please..

This is exactly why having a political forum on a car site is a bad idea.Like it or not humans are creatures of habit.Even tho the fight did not start on that forum now everyone sees what side of the table folks are on and Its allot easier to start fights between otherwise friendly people. I say get that bull crap self serving political forum off the abodies site and watch the folks who only have interest in their own agendas filter off and not come back. I gotta tell ya we have come a long way since helping memike get a car. Now members are at each others throats.Im willing to bet that the people that are for the politics forum greatly outnumbered to the folks who come here for the Abody info and for good company among friends.

68 & moderators
I think everyone HERE can work things out once they REALIZE that it's nothing personal and should NOT be made personal.
And IF someone is KNOWN to be a lil 'EDGY' with there posts but doesn't flat out break the rules [no more than anyone else] then it should be taken as a grain of salt.

I have seen on sites where individuals will push the envelope and are reprimanded for it, while others get a free pass because of the context in which they used the offensive statement/vulgarity.

Anyhow if your gonna crack down on vulgarity or offensive statements toward stereo types then to be fair it should be straight across the board for everyone , However if there are enough mature intelligent adults with a sense of humor It doesn't have to be one or a few guy's/gal's that ruin it for everyone else.

Lighten up guy's, no one wants anyone to leave, unless your voting for obama [JOKE] no one wants you to leave either[Yes I know this wasn't about politics], we just want you to drive a mopar and have fun going fast.

So let's just get along and have fun.

Once again, this had nothing to do with a political thread.

Fastback, you are hallucinating about "trying to resolve this by PM's" The first PM I received from you after you thought I called you an A-hole (which I didn't said this:

Maybe you need a time-out? If you EVER use the term ASSHOLE in a statement refering to me again I'll ban you first for a week.... then longer if necessary. You got a bug up your *** over Politics, go elsewhere and stir the pot.

Got it?

Sounds like you trying to "resolve" things.....doesn't it. And this time around when I said something about the stickers...which by the way keeps popping up in the ebay adds to the right of the page, you didn't send a PM at all. Just jumped in, accused me of calling you a name, then called me, and someone else a name.

Reread my post. I did NOT call all truckers a D.A. I said "the D.A. truckers with the chrome women on their mudflaps?" So I was speaking of the ones with the chrome women on the mudflaps IN THE CONTEXT of why anyone would want to put that sticker on their car.

And oh yeah, I did NOT explain what it meant. Someone else did that. And you can't crucify me for posting the pic IN THE CONTEXT OF THE QUESTION when it, and bra ads etc, are clearly posted in the ebay ads on the right side of the page.

For whatever reason, you've decided I'm out to call you names every time I post. I did not, and even though I can think of a few now, I still HAVE NOT called you a name.

I believe you owe me an apology, and an apology to the one you kicked from that same thread.

This thread is going now where fast, around and around we go, he said she said.

68, if you feel you were slighted and aren't getting the results you think you deserve then your options are limited. Either drop it and move on or just move on. Ultimately it's your decision. How does the saying go "fish or cut bait".

Terry

OK, I wasn't going to contribute to this thread until now.
What the heck is wrong with chrome women on a mudflap? I like them.

GUYS....................

ALL GUYS......................

PLEASE read all the posts before you get involved at all in this........

As has been stated NUMEROUS TIMES...........This argument has NOTHING to do with a political thread................

I really wish you'd stop trying to give the political forum a black eye here by continuing to bring it up.........Sedan has told you 2 or 3 times now that it has nothing to do with it.....That's NOT where this started.

For cryin' out loud, you guys sound like political spin-meisters YOURSELVES to some degree............

It would be good to just let these guys solve this by themselves........

I respect all you guys...........I think a conference call would go a long way to bringing this to an amicable close. You ALL have points in this, including 68.........

.........and all of you, including 68, are great contributors and members................. Doc

I've reached into my own pocket , bought, and GAVE AWAY the ORIGINAL site window stickers for this site.

And they are awesome!!

DSCN0108 (Small).JPG

Well the guy has been on me twice for things he imagined I did or said to wrong him. How many more times will I have to deal with him thinking I've offended him in some way when I don't have anything to say to, or about him.

You should all be concerned that the next time you say something this guy might take it as a personal affront, then badger and threaten to bounce YOU out.

He was wrong in both cases, and nothing (that I can tell) has been done.

IF he apologizes to me and the other member, I will drop this.

Religion and politics discussions among friends. Leads to intolerance and hate in the long run because as we all know ALL the great religions in the world teach you that their particular god is better then the other guys god.
Sounds allot like repubs and dems ..
weird huh?

this argument is TOTALLY about the politics section ..the site has been hotheaded since it opened.Its unfair to the 95 percent (see majority )of the folks who would (vote) to not have it here at all.

GUYS....................

ALL GUYS......................

PLEASE read all the posts before you get involved at all in this........

As has been stated NUMEROUS TIMES...........This argument has NOTHING to do with a political thread................

I really wish you'd stop trying to give the political forum a black eye here by continuing to bring it up.........Sedan has told you 2 or 3 times now that it has nothing to do with it.....That's NOT where this started.

For cryin' out loud, you guys sound like political spin-meisters YOURSELVES to some degree............

It would be good to just let these guys solve this by themselves........

I respect all you guys...........I think a conference call would go a long way to bringing this to an amicable close. You ALL have points in this, including 68.........

.........and all of you, including 68, are great contributors and members................. Doc

And how many times have I already said this had NOTHING TO DO WITH the political threads?????????????????

Dan, Dan..................Testing........................

Not political Dan.................

The problem I see arising here is that people who adamantly hate talking about the "P" word go into the threads and trash them as useless......why can't you just leave the guys alone?......

That's where the problems start.........NOT from guys who have been talking about certain subjects within the threads........it's from guys who HATE the threads, period..........

For gosh sakes, at least listen to 68 as he tries to explain something instead of shouting him down.

Religion and politics discussions among friends. Leads to intolerance and hate in the long run because as we all know ALL the great religions in the world teach you that their particular god is better then the other guys god.
Sounds allot like repubs and dems ..
weird huh?

Actually, it sounds like Mopar, Ford and Chevy guys. Weird, huh.

....and there was absolutely NO need for you to bring up the "R" word. It has absolutely nothing to do with 68's contentions, or Adam's, or Fastback's. Nothing.

We can all be smart asses from time to time.
We can be dumb asses.

Some of us can be total asses, some have nice asses, some have fat asses, some are horses asses, some are just plain stinky asses.

Most of the stuff said rolls off and is forgotten by the next post anyways.

No big deal , don't anyone lose any sleep, just don't forget to wash your *** tonight.

Tom the reason i bring up the "R" word is that it is the only topic brought up other then politics can lead to such anger and contempt. Im not saying that the argument started because politics what im saying is the tension revolving around the site since the birth of the political thread is causing short tempers and is directly linked to arguments on here. Its just not worth having it here if it divides men. There are plenty of other places to read about it ...much like a church is a haven. I find this place a haven from the harsh realities in the world ..it brings pleasure and peace....politics just dont have a place here in my world. and its just as unfair to have it here for me as it is unfair for it not to be here for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back