... I think there's a corvette motor in my cuda.

-

Asktoro

Reaction score
Can anyone recognize this emblem? I can't... and it reminds me of a vette because of the flags...
imag0426y.jpg

Sorta does.....but chebbie never made a 383. Probably some kinda aftermarket stuff.

chebby has the 383 stroker in the aftermarket (350 bored out with stroker kit) I would say thats where thats from. always laugh at the comment "whats in that" 383 "oh thats a high performance chebby motor"

Bah, later tonight I'm going to go slide under the car and pull the numbers. If it's a chevy... I'm selling it :|

Strokerscamp -- Chevy did make a 383, most of them were in corvettes in the 70-80s I don't know if they still do... It's a good motor, but I am not the kind of guy who sleeps well if a motor/car is mix-matched. ANIT RIGHT JOE IT ANIT RIGHT~!

-- Chevy did make a 383, most of them were in corvettes in the 70-80s I don't know if they still do...!

Chevrolutz NEVER made a factory 383 CID engine

Those valve covers look suspicious, but "we" can't see enough of em

Bah, later tonight I'm going to go slide under the car and pull the numbers. If it's a chevy... I'm selling it :|

Strokerscamp -- Chevy did make a 383, most of them were in corvettes in the 70-80s I don't know if they still do... It's a good motor, but I am not the kind of guy who sleeps well if a motor/car is mix-matched. ANIT RIGHT JOE IT ANIT RIGHT~!

is the distributor in front with the distributor cap facing the passengers innerfender? if it is its definatly a mopar engine

Attachments

• 383.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 593
Chevy guy must of bought a Mopar and it was too fast for him so he put a Chevy motor in it to slow it down.

Ok it's a mopar, crisis adverted ! ... Though I NEVER seen those emblems before, has to be an aftermarket crate or aftermarket valves?

imag0425q.jpg

It looks like a big block Mopar with aftermarket valve covers and somebody sticking an aftermarket emblem on it either because it's the original engine size, or it's a 400/440 and they wanted to make people think it's a 383!

* Pic looks like the passenger side inner fender.
* Plug wires coming from the right (front) like a big block Mopar.
* Headers going towards the left (rear)
* Intake looks like it could be big block Mopar. Runners don't have much of a curve. What numbers/letters are on the intake?

Negative. Not from the factory. They've just been made by so many others, people think chebbie did it. I promise you, they didn't

It looks like a big block Mopar with aftermarket valve covers and somebody sticking an aftermarket emblem on it either because it's the original engine size, or it's a 400/440 and they wanted to make people think it's a 383!

* Pic looks like the passenger side inner fender.
* Plug wires coming from the right (front) like a big block Mopar.
* Headers going towards the left (rear)
* Intake looks like it could be big block Mopar. Runners don't have much of a curve. What numbers/letters are on the intake?

you can tell the B blocks Vs. the RB blocks by a pad present right above the water pump, to the drivers side of the dizzy...

That engine in the post 10 picture is either a 383 or 400 (mopar) and there is a flat machined surface on the block just underneath the distibutor that will be stamped with a letter (year) and either 383 or 400. I've been around B's and RB's for over 40 years and have never seen a 383 emblem with flags on both sides, looks chevy to me. If it was my engine I think I'd make a contribution to the garbage can.:thumrigh:

Come on, DS. You know you're just saying that to get him to throw it away so you can rummage through his garbage and make it your own!

Yep thats a Chevy 383. I will pick up and get it out of your way as soon as you pull it.

LOL,Jim

Come on, DS. You know you're just saying that to get him to throw it away so you can rummage through his garbage and make it your own!
THAT would explain why he is going to be in Northern Idaho this week end......

Sorta does.....but chebbie never made a 383. Probably some kinda aftermarket stuff.

True, GM Performance sells a very stout (425HP) 383 chevy stroker crate motor. They are very popluar with the Chevy crowd....I was in that crowd up until 2 weeks ago. [-X However, if 68383GTS doesn't get it out of your way....I will LOL!

Those are emblems but with a wave off this style of valve covers.
383emblem.jpg

$(KGrHqR,!hgE3vjSSY6nBOGf0(JObg~~0_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chro...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a848ad2c

I think his melted a bit! They are a little saggy....LOL!!!

Look on the side of the block above the pan rail. This is where you will find what engine you have in the casting numbers. Chevy never had a dizzy laid over to one side!!! All smallblock dizzys are in the rear except Furds! The sad thing is that all Mopars have the same Chivy firing order of 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.

-
Back