I think this has to be the ugliest A body ever

-
a couple of pics before the auction ends

!Bk1OQqgB2k~$(KGrHqMH-CEEtO!eOPL6BLZMD!Y+bQ~~_3.jpg

!Bk1OT(w!2k~$(KGrHqIH-CoEs8WQHPmMBLZMDMD)UQ~~_3.jpg

!Bk1OUl!B2k~$(KGrHqQH-CgEs7cWYKPUBLZMDRZjsQ~~_3.jpg

!Bk1OcLQBWk~$(KGrHqQH-DgEs+H(DdW0BLZMD)(N6g~~_3.jpg

It's not bad.... of course I'm not looking at was it is now, But what it would be when I would finish it. A conv. with a 440 Sweat! I would have to make it look stock though.

i have to say aside from the fender flares, I love it. This is a piece of 70's history and its a reminder of what was done back then in the whole Street Freak vein. Hot Rod magazine just did an issue with a big pictorial dedicated to late 70's/early 80's street muscle and this sort of thing would have fit right in. I think with removal of the flares and some work to the track width of the rear end/tires/wheels this would be a cool and freaky throwback ride. This sort of styling is going to make a comeback. You heard it here first. I for one will only be too happy when 17/18/20" wheels and pro-touring BS go away. Muscle cars were meant to be bodacious, jacked-up street terrors IMO. whats the point in having one if you're going to dress it out like a sports car.
-Tim

There used to be write ups and articles in hot rod back in the day on how to do up a car like this.
They are just phases/crazes like the van era in the '70s.
The phase/craze these days is the pro touring one and to put on 17" to 20" wheels on everything, hondas, darts, escalades, older camaros etc.
I see no difference in the 2 at all, both are gross.
I come from the '70s era, i didn't like what they did then and i don't like the trends now. A lot of people do.
So, can you ask yourselves in 20+ years from now what will people say about the cars with "dubs" and ground effects that are common today?
Probably the same thing. "oh my god, what were they thinking?"
That barracuda was just another 7-10 year old car back then too, and nobody really much cared how rare it was!
I like the mild pro street look personally, so go ahead and roast me!
To each their own i guess.....
Just my 2 cents as always.
Tom.

still you have to appreciate the amount of work that went into building it
but I think the real question everybody wants to know is "how many gallons of pink bondo did it take to make those wheel flairs?"

no, THIS is the ugliest. (my apologies to anyone who owns one!)

1960-1962-plymouth-valiant-7.jpg

That is factory ugly as was many Mopars of the era.

That convertible is fugly aka f*&^ing ugly. I do like the front end tilt modification but not the flairs. Any big block modification is good if it is not a hack job. I was 10 years old when this car was made and grew up through the conversion van era. I have seen some less than desirable modifications in my time but to do this to an A body even back then was sicking. I feel like I need to hurl just thinking about this diaster.

Also dig those shackles.

This is a perfect buy for the person wanting a convert with a Big block and can do body work.If you get this at a low ball price,and send the time and money to do the body right,this is a awesome car to do.As long as the floor and frame are good,order two 1/4 panels,two fenders and install and paint back to a origanal color,some rims and tires, alittle interior work,done,and for a cheap price too,mrmopartech

-
Back