I Want to Take a Moment...

-

/6 Matt

30 Degrees Crooked
Reaction score
poisondart74 pointed out to me in another thread I have going something that made me start thinking.

One last thing, and no disrespect, it's none of my bee's wax, but I can't help but be frank....
all I ever see you post is another story of how your kicking yourself in the ***, automotively speaking. It's tough when your broke, I know, but you've got to rise above it man.

Enjoy the day. :D

He's right. All I ever seem to post about is another story of not just how I'm kicking myself but how stuff just isn't going well. I can't recall more than a few previous examples but I still do fully understand why he says what he did.

I've been here since January of 2010, I was a Sophomore in highschool and was 16 years old. I've learned so much from all you guys. I've laughed with you guys, cried with you guys and made an *** of myself while fighting with you guys. You all have endured my bipolar flairs and my brash personality as well as my eccentric sense of humor.

Alot of the stuff I post here isn't always what it seems, alot of times I'm just putting here to get it out and off my chest and maybe get some guidance from people who I know and trust. There have been times when I've been told (in more or less words) that I'm being a whiney B#%@h and I look back fondly on it because it was times I needed to hear it.

There was one instance where you guys went WAY above and beyond what I asked for and got me the part I needed and raised me all kinds of money I hard a hard time bringing myself to accept.

I regret that out of all the fine men and women that make this forum the lovely place it is, I've only been privileged enough to so far meet JDMopar (who btw I very much enjoyed meeting and talking to).

In the end, I just wanted to take a moment to thank you guys for all you have done for me over the years. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all. I think you all as members of a very large extended family.

Sometimes it just takes someone looking in from the outside to help you see out from the inside. Keep a positive attitude, life is only what you make it.

Very well said. I haven't been here long but feel like part of the family that was welcomed with open arms.

Very well said. I haven't been here long but feel like part of the family that was welcomed with open arms.
We are one big family. Back in November, the rear end in my dart blew and I was depending on that to get back and forth to work and was worried sick over loosing my job due to lack of transportation and then the ensuing financial crisis to come.

I made a cry for help finding a new rear with the promise that I would pay what I could.

Several people stepped up, JDMopar was the closest to me and he gave me a rearend plus spare u-bolts in case as well as a complete front spindle to drum assembly. On top of that, some of the fine men and women stepped up and raised $500 so I would have the gas to get to JD as well as to keep food on the table and do something cool for my birthday.

I offered to give the money back, orignally we were just raising gas money and I was expecting like $60. Hell, I really wanted to give the money back. That day, it truly hit me hard what we are doing here. We're not just a bunch of people behind our computers who get cranky when the car goes in the garage for the winter. We are family.

Matt, keep at it. ALL of it. It is never easy.

I'm not gonna lie, things keep getting harder. I was recently diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea and insomnia and it cost me my job. I've had two mental breakdowns since and I got TOO MANY projects going on. My health gets worse and I smoke more each day.

But what the hell, I'm still here right?

I'm not gonna lie, things keep getting harder. I was recently diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea and insomnia and it cost me my job. I've had two mental breakdowns since and I got TOO MANY projects going on. My health gets worse and I smoke more each day.

But what the hell, I'm still here right?

Your Sleep apnea can be helped by a CPAP Machine. Go to the Good Samaritan Clinic (in Morganton) to see if they can help you out or point you in the right direction to get one. Trust me it will help you sleep and help you mentally since you are rested.

Some of us old guys just get cranky. I was up until 6AM with insomnia, a new record for me. I only slept about 2 hours, and I REALLY feel like crap.

Some of us old guys just get cranky. I was up until 6AM with insomnia, a new record for me. I only slept about 2 hours, and I REALLY feel like crap.

Have you tried a sleep study to see if you have sleep apnea? I was doing the same before I did and it has made a big difference.

Have you tried a sleep study to see if you have sleep apnea? I was doing the same before I did and it has made a big difference.

Thanks don't want to hijack. This has mostly been a problem just this winter. I'm hoping it's short lived.

Your Sleep apnea can be helped by a CPAP Machine. Go to the Good Samaritan Clinic (in Morganton) to see if they can help you out or point you in the right direction to get one. Trust me it will help you sleep and help you mentally since you are rested.
Im actually waiting on a sleep study my dr. scheduled for me before we start talking about CPAPs and such. I'm hoping i might be able to get away with one of those cool mouth pieces that force your jaw forward to open the air ways. I've heard from everyone that CPAPs suck. I believe them.

Thanks don't want to hijack. This has mostly been a problem just this winter. I'm hoping it's short lived.
When you lay in bed at night, like dozing, do you ever just randomly take in a large breath and then realize its been awhile since your last breath before? And/or do make funny sounds in the back of your throat (like semi snoring wheezing) when your sleepy/relaxed and it feels as though your throat is like partially collapsed?

I hope it gets better for you. Matt sorry about the hijack
I do thank you andno worries about hijacking. I'm so random and easily distracted you can't hijack my threads, just suggest a new topic.

Matt the CPAP'S are not that bad it just take getting use to. Took me about a week.

-
Back