I wish it was closer craigslist finds

-
'65 Formula S for cheap, but rough shape.
65 S.jpg

1965 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S

If it's a solid or restorable body.....

If it's a solid or restorable body.....
Yeah, I get that. But, if it's only a body....
Was it the body that made it Formula/Code, or was it the goodies that are now missing? It just seems like people want to price a car as if all that stuff was still there when in reality they're selling a shell that's no different than any other model of that year. I dunno. I dont want to argue about it. It ust curious to me.

The VIN indicates it was a car built with those parts.

If it's a solid or repairable body, those parts can be found and bolted back on.

Just for an example-

Would you rather have a factory 340 car with a 318, or a factory 318 car with a 340?

Yeah, I get that. But, if it's only a body....
Was it the body that made it Formula/Code, or was it the goodies that are now missing? It just seems like people want to price a car as if all that stuff was still there when in reality they're selling a shell that's no different than any other model of that year. I dunno. I dont want to argue about it. It ust curious to me.
It would be a special save, but if it's a "documented" S car then it has value. The replacement parts that make it so (there aren't that many), really aren't that expensive compared to the cost of rust repair and paint.

It baffles me how someone can sell/buy a "Formula" or "Code" car when virtually nothing of what made the original car a Formula/Code car is left.:realcrazy:
It does say " The original commando engine and transmission included." in the ad, but that is all - does not say condition. There is one pic of the engine which is fully torn down.

Yes once you pay $7900 for it and then put another 20K into it it should be easily worth 16 or 17,000...:rolleyes:..

Everything on this site is not worth restoring for a profit. It has to be a Charger, Challenger etc to make $ and cents. Unless you own a body and paint shop.

-
Back