I wrecked the Dart

-

/6 Matt

30 Degrees Crooked
Reaction score
First of all, I'm ok. Just scrapes and bruises, I'm not sure how the Dart is yet.

Well today I was running late for work so I decided not to stop and fill the dart up, I made the journey 10 out of 15 miles when I ran out of gas. I made it up the off ramp on exit 106 I-40 and I looked around and saw an Exon station accross the bridge. I had the bright idea to try and push the car over to the gas station. I got a few hundred feet down the road and next thing I knew the car was going faster than I was, I tried to hop in but I lost it and ended up with a death grip on the steering wheel, I got drug accross the street and put the car in a gaurd rail.

I keep thinking back to how I could have been ran over by my own car or crushed between the gaurdrail and car. I just can't figure out what THE HELL WAS I THINKING!!!:violent1::banghead::mumum:

View attachment IMG_2224.jpg
View attachment IMG_2225.jpg
View attachment IMG_2226.jpg
View attachment IMG_2230.jpg
View attachment IMG_2231.jpg
View attachment IMG_2232.jpg
View attachment IMG_2233.jpg

The last 4 pics are after I got the car home. Car still drove pretty decent, but the alignment is AFU.

Holy CRAP looks to me like you were LUCYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Glad you're okay.

Sucks about the car.

But as one EMT told me after my motorcycle accident:

"That is fixable, you are not. You can't fix it when your hurtin' bad or dead."

Funny thing is, the reason the hood is popped open in the first few pics, I found my batter hold down clamp on the ground under the bumper, somehow the battery hold down got knocked loose from the impact.

Tommorrow, hopefully if I'm not too sore, I'm gonna climb up under the car and make sure nothing in the steering and supsension is out of whack and then I guess it will be time for another alignment.

Looks like luck was on your side today! As for the dart she don't look to bad! Glad you are OK!
Boy the whole damn thing has been an adventure, the guy who pulled over and let me use his phone to call Morganton Public Safety and to call my Dad was David learner who is running for District Attorney. He gave me his card and told me he'd appreciate the vote!

Then I got the car down to the gas station and this song was playing...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EWRQsrrctA"]Icona Pop -I Love It - YouTube[/ame]

I pulled up just as she was singing that she crashed her car into the bridge!

Then I passed a funeral prossesion on the way out of the area...

...weirdness......

Yeah, when by yourself, Ya need to push it with door open, so you can jump in quick, LOL.
You`ll look back on this years fom now and laugh about it.
Sucks youir car got buggered up though, and glad your OK.:eek:ops:

That sucks for sure but other than a few scrapes you are real lucky.

From the looks of that left front tire you were seriously in need of an alignment already.

Yeah, when by yourself, Ya need to push it with door open, so you can jump in quick, LOL.
You`ll look back on this years fom now and laugh about it.
Sucks youir car got buggered up though, and glad your OK.:eek:ops:
I had the door open, just couldnt get in. I have laughed alot about it all. If ya aint laughin your cryin'.

That sucks for sure but other than a few scrapes you are real lucky.

From the looks of that left front tire you were seriously in need of an alignment already.
I had an alignment two weeks ago. Just didnt repace the tire.

Looks like its time to update your signature pics. :protest: Looks like a good time to learn how to align your rig.

Sucks about the Dart. But as long you are OK and have a great story to tell.
Everybody has a what was I thinking story.

from your signature pic, it looks like you didn't have a grille on the car which is one less thing to get busted up. At least you are around another day to fix it, but that damage is so unfortunate.

the main thing is that you are ok, to tell future generations of your kids about it.

That dart looks familiar, I know someone with a ride that looks just like that, even a 70 and same color and all, except this one was a manual shift car with bucket seats, but otherwise the same car.

keep us posted as you get this mess cleaned up and get her back in order and best wishes.

Wow, that blows! It could have turned out MUCH worse! At least you're ok and the car doesn't look too bad.

I'm in Virginia and know a Junk yard with cheap parts for that car. If you are interested in sheet metal let me know and I will send you more information on who to get in touch with.

I am glad you are ok. Next time, be late for work.

Wow! Glad you're ok.

I hate when dumb stuff like this happens.

Always keep the tank filled before you go to bed...

Be careful when pushing it by yourself. I've come close to "losing" the car a couple of times while pushing it... :sign3:

Live and learn... :banghead:

Now you get to fix it and think about how you could've prevented it the whole time you are fixing it... :violent1: :hmph: :angry1:

Here's a little Jeff Dunham skit on pumping gas that you can laugh at (hope it makes you feel better).

[ame]http://youtu.be/tQ44zVAzLQ8[/ame]

Glad your OK and the car looks worse than it probably is , on the bright side if you need a few extra bucks you can push me down the 1/4 , you must a had that sucker rollin brother .

Good thing you didn't get hurt. The car can be fixed and it looks like you needed a grille and bumper anyway. LOL

Glad to hear that you're alright...the Dart can be fixed, you sir are a little more delicate!! Get healed up and worry about the car as time permits!! Geof

My wife and I have found that our cars tend to play songs on the radio that are extremely relevant to any given current situation. We haven't been able to explain it, other than our cars have a personality all their own. We're glad you're okay and are around to fix her up and get her back on the road. Take care, my friend!

-
Back