Idea for Future FABO Benefit Auctions ... whatcha think?

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
I know it's customary for people starting a benefit auction thread for another member to post it in the General Discussion Forum where it presumably will get the most attention.

I think it would be a better idea if those threads were posted in the For Sale section simply because we now have the extremely valuable Member Feedback Rating system in place. (Though it's not exactly the easiest to use until you get the hang of it, it can be a great source of information about fellow members if everyone participates.)

If winning bidders and donating parties are able to leave feedback for each other, it might help eliminate the lack of follow through and unnecessary or non-productive commentary that is sadly becoming commonplace lately in the last couple of auctions. After all, they ARE sale transactions albeit of a little different sort.

Just a thought ... :-D

The "last couple of auctions"? Seems I've seen that commentary in all of them. Sadly, someone has to shed a bad light on them each and every time. It amazes me that anyone could ever use someone else's misfortune to express their own jealousy. Very self centered. Maybe your idea would help with that.

sounds like a good idea,,,BUT FOR ME I WON'T PARTICIPATE IN ANYMORE AFTER BEING SCREWED IN THE LAST ONE UNLESS THE PERSON IS VERY DESERVING OF THE HELP AND DOSEN'T CONTINUE TO SABATOGE THEIRSELF AFTER GETTING HELP AND.IF SOME PEOPLE WOULD GET OVER THEIR SELF AND REALLY LEARN FORGIVENESS FOR MISTAKES MADE THEN THE COMMENTARY IN THE LAST ONE WOULD NOT OF HAPPENED IF THE IGNORANT ACT WAS NOT COMMITTED,,LESSON LEARNED FOR ME ATLEAST..SD426

Its happening again.................

Attachments

• bth_Panties-in-a-bunch.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 201
I know it's customary for people starting a benefit auction thread for another member to post it in the General Discussion Forum where it presumably will get the most attention.

I think it would be a better idea if those threads were posted in the For Sale section simply because we now have the extremely valuable Member Feedback Rating system in place. (Though it's not exactly the easiest to use until you get the hang of it, it can be a great source of information about fellow members if everyone participates.)

If winning bidders and donating parties are able to leave feedback for each other, it might help eliminate the lack of follow through and unnecessary or non-productive commentary that is sadly becoming commonplace lately in the last couple of auctions. After all, they ARE sale transactions albeit of a little different sort.

And a good thought, Leanna. I agree.

And a good thought, Leanna. I agree.

...but, can I add lies, innuendo, and dirty stuff about Rob? :-\"

Attachments

• ohthedrama.gif
    648 bytes · Views: 207
  • mob.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 202
  • grouphug.gif
    472 bytes · Views: 185
Well this went off track pretty dang fast ...

At least the next FABO benefit auction will be a lot more positive. :-D

Oh btw Leanna, I have to say I'm not sure your idea will help. Honestly I see alot of off topic BS go on in the for sale section too. Plus, people like me, would never see it, I live in the general disscussion forums and the slant forum. Plus I don't care about the feedback system, if somebody is nice enough to post an item for sale and let it go for nothing in return, that tells me they are trustworthy. And if they aren't, my money is still going to a good cause and it lessons the blow of being ripped off.

Maybe I hold that opinion cause I don't see the auctions as sales. I see them as donations /charity with benifits:D

Still wondering what I missed on the last auction though...

Oh btw Leanna, I have to say I'm not sure your idea will help. Honestly I see alot of off topic BS go on in the for sale section too. Plus, people like me, would never see it, I live in the general disscussion forums and the slant forum. Plus I don't care about the feedback system, if somebody is nice enough to post an item for sale and let it go for nothing in return, that tells me they are trustworthy. And if they aren't, my money is still going to a good cause and it lessons the blow of being ripped off.

Maybe I hold that opinion cause I don't see the auctions as sales. I see them as donations /charity with benifits:D

Still wondering what I missed on the last auction though...

Some times it is best to let sleeping dogs lie.

I don't know the answer but we are a family here and families help one another out. When ratrod was down he said he could rebuild carbs helping himself. There is so much knowledge on this sight it is priceless. Thank you Leann for your input and thought on this issue.

sounds like a good idea,,,BUT FOR ME I WON'T PARTICIPATE IN ANYMORE AFTER BEING SCREWED IN THE LAST ONE UNLESS THE PERSON IS VERY DESERVING OF THE HELP AND DOSEN'T CONTINUE TO SABATOGE THEIRSELF AFTER GETTING HELP AND.IF SOME PEOPLE WOULD GET OVER THEIR SELF AND REALLY LEARN FORGIVENESS FOR MISTAKES MADE THEN THE COMMENTARY IN THE LAST ONE WOULD NOT OF HAPPENED IF THE IGNORANT ACT WAS NOT COMMITTED,,LESSON LEARNED FOR ME ATLEAST..SD426
Ok wow bob get a grip on this crap son . **** ........ Stop and look at your self . You dont want to be in any more help threads that fine dude . But really ive called it as i see it just cuz we are on the froum dont mean im going to chagne what i told you on the phone not too long ago .... the one guy in all the trouble is YOU...... You are making your self look like an *** . I know you a good guy some where in there . Ive seen it . Few years back you helped me and my famliy on Xmas when i didnt have any money to get my GF a gift and even sent me some pants and what not .......... But really your letting this crap eat you alive inside i see it ........ You keep lossing friends over crap that dont matter in life ......... A FRIEND ship means more then gold . Your the one lossing when it comes to this Bull **** ...... thats what it is bull **** . So leanna dont want to deal with you ...... Oh well get over it and move on with it . we know you got screwed out of this and that then this and that ...... Im sorry if this sounds like im being an *** ...... But some times a friend has to be an *** to get the point across ....... :angel5:

Now back to the where to put the threads ..... Leanna I think its up to the poster of the thread to post it where thay see fit to do so . I see nothing wrong with your ideal ...... But i have an ideal of my own . You could bid on the (what ever) and the giver could make a for sell ad for it and mark it sold ..... then when the help thread it over who ever won can get and give feed back that way .

Now back to the where to put the threads ..... Leanna I think its up to the poster of the thread to post it where thay see fit to do so . I see nothing wrong with your ideal ...... But i have an ideal of my own . You could bid on the (what ever) and the giver could make a for sell ad for it and mark it sold ..... then when the help thread it over who ever won can get and give feed back that way .

That would be too complicated and a huge waste of server space.

That idea might work Asa but it seems it would be a bit repetitive and use up extra bandwidth for a new -- and immediately closed -- thread.

As long as we keep the bullshit negativity and jealousy OFF the benefit auctions. That's all that counts. Over and out, end of story. Whatever way we can do that, I am all for.

Just trowin stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks lol ...... No heres anuther ideal . Maybe joey can make it to where all threads can be used to give feed back ....... I know of atlest 2 deals that ive done and never got feed back cuz it was not in the for sell ads .... Like i said im just thinking off th top of my head lol some times it works some times it dont hahahah

The feedback system is only good if people use it, whether the feedback is good or bad.
Honestly how many negative feedbacks are there??
In my opinion if someone was to receive negative feedback whether warranted or not, that would/will open up a whole new can of worms and more new drama filled threads with umpteen pages of opinions/pissin'/moanin. And not the good kinda moanin'.
Just my opinion...

-
Back