If only this type of kit were available for SBM at the same price......

-

Michael Harrington

Reaction score
I'm not a closet chevy lover. I know there are several centrifugal supercharger kits for us. But I am amazed the at the low price of this kit for the 350 Chevy- and from Edelbrock. SBC has always had this advantage. Dick Landy offered a similar kit in the 80s and now just the intake manifold he made brings $1200 plus. If for $3500 I could get this kit for 360 LA/Magnum I would even if I had no immediate use for it. Centrifugal is cool and probably better than Roots type- But I like the look of the Roots even when it's a small street blower.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/edelbrock-supercharger-kit-e-force-h122-small-block-chevy-carbureted-1957-1986/p/EDL1551/?

Last edited:
For those who are curious.

IMG_20240531_135922277.jpg

adapt and overcome...use spacer/adapters. I think it was SuperModified that recommended using Chevy intakes on SBM at the time.

There are plenty of Centrifugal kits and turbos for that matter. But, I get folks sometimes want these more for looks.

It is a shame because there raping you on the cost for the intake basically.

Those parts are just the tip of the iceberg as far as the cost of slapping on a blower. The systems to support a supercharged engine such as fuel, drive-train upgrades and building traction are not cheap.

20240510_181757.jpg

Last edited:
I realize there are piece meal kits for Mopars and there are complete 671 kits as well, but this post was me just stating that for $3500 one can get a complete small roots blower kit for the SBC. Nothing new- SBC has always had great affordable aftermarket support due to its massive use. I remember how earth-shattering and awesome it was in the late 1990s when Edelbrock released an aluminum head for small and big mopars. Mopars simply did not have affordable non oem heads up until then. We ported our J, X, 906, 915 and 452 heads. (Which worked very well!)

I'm not a closet chevy lover. I know there are several centrifugal supercharger kits for us. But I am amazed the at the low price of this kit for the 350 Chevy- and from Edelbrock. SBC has always had this advantage. Dick Landy offered a similar kit in the 80s and now just the intake manifold he made brings $1200 plus. If for $3500 I could get this kit for 360 LA/Magnum I would even if I had no immediate use for it. Centrifugal is cool and probably better than Roots type- But I like the look of the Roots even when it's a small street blower.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/edelbrock-supercharger-kit-e-force-h122-small-block-chevy-carbureted-1957-1986/p/EDL1551/?
I am lucky to have a complete Dick Landy set up.
Today for the money, if I had to buy new, I would just buy a new 6-71 set up.

I am lucky to have a complete Dick Landy set up.
Today for the money, if I had to buy new, I would just buy a new 6-71 set up.
I remember seeing them advertised in a magazine around 1991? Does it have a converted Offenhauser dual quad manifold for the blower manifold? Companies would convert the Offys for blower use. I remember seeing an Oldsmobile and the 671 blower was on a converted Offy 2x4. Must have been cheaper or at least easier to buy those new and modify them for the blower. Neat stuff. Even the Hot Rod companies were Hot-rodding parts for a different use.

I remember seeing them advertised in a magazine around 1991? Does it have a converted Offenhauser dual quad manifold for the blower manifold? Companies would convert the Offys for blower use. I remember seeing an Oldsmobile and the 671 blower was on a converted Offy 2x4. Must have been cheaper or at least easier to buy those new and modify them for the blower. Neat stuff. Even the Hot Rod companies were Hot-rodding parts for a different use.
Yes it has the converted 2x4 manifold. It has a 174 B&M supercharger.

-
Back