I'm baaaaack!

-

Shrug

Reaction score
Hey all. I do not know if anyone remembers me. It has been a while since I was on here. Let me tell you what happened.

About 2 years ago I was diagnosed with advanced liver disease. Cause, unknown. It was sure not my drinking. I have one drink on my birthday, and one on our anniversary.

Anyway about six months ago I got really bad and started spending most of my time in the hospital. At some point my liver failed altogether. Thank god within one week of that happening, they found a new one for me, on October 25th. Guess God wasn't ready for me yet.

Now with a lot of faith, and a lot of doctors, I am back on my feet!

I can finally get back to my Barracuda project. It is not easy. I am still weak and it is slow going on my own. I do not really know anyone here in Phoenix. But I soldier on the best I can.

I will post some pics soon of the project. I am building a 65 Barracuda w/ Slant Six 225. My wife bought it for me for my birthday 3 years ago. The illness really slowed the progress.

I will update you on the build in the proper forum. I just wanted to say hi, and I am glad to be back!

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but on the other hand we are hearing about it because you are back! Dont push yourself, but post pics/progress and have fun!

Welcome back. I'm glad to hear you are doing better and back on the road to recovery.

Welcome!!! Hope the cuda and the operation are a complete success!!!

Welcome back. Wow what a story. Glad things are looking up for ya. Mopars are a good reason to keep kicking.

A close friend had a liver transplant here in Pittsburgh 4 years ago.
He's doing great and I hope you will too! Just do what the docs say...

I'll follow along with your resto!

God is not done with you yet. He has plans for you. Best wishes on your recovery. Project restoration is good therapy.

Thanks a lot folks. It is great to be back.
They were getting sick of me at the hospital because I kept talking about and showing pics of my Cuda. I think they found me a liver just to get rid of me :D

hey, welcome back! Thats a very moving story, and I'm so glad your still here today and everything is goinig good for you! It's nice to hear some good news for a change.

Welcome back, your story is inspiring. I have a famiy member who got a new liver many years ago and has done very well.

Welcome back and the right dose of Mopar can be therapeutic, be careful it's a very powerful drug and can be addictive ( I think I'm becoming a junkie ) lol.

Welcome Back to FABO Shrug!

Glad to hear you are doing better.

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• Picture2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 69
-
Back