I'm new to the group and looking for help with a restore.

-

71 Scamp Cindy

Reaction score
Hello all I am new to the threads but not sure where I would look for information on my new baby.

1971 Plymouth valiant scamp
Several questions I have are..

I need a new dashboard cover but the site all tell me it's some sort of carpet, however, the current cover is sun cracked vinyl...can anyone tell me what is true to the car?

Second question is there anywhere you can recommend to get extra tail lights? I was informed that I can't order them from a parts store but haven't ordered online as I want to make sure that if it's the wrong item I can return it.

Last question is can anyone suggest where I can find a owners Manuel for my car?

Thank you all in advance.

Year One is an auto restoration parts supplier. Also Legendary interiors. Look both up on line. The guys like pics so, if you could post some it would be appreciated.

IMG_5971.jpeg

The dash is padded vinyl from the factory and can be replaced, but it is a LOT of work. Doing the carpet cover is easy peasy. They look nice IMHO.

The tail light suppliers above are a good start. @Mexican Spec also makes a lot of new ones, perhaps he will chime in here.

Do you want the glove box manual or the factory service manual? The FSM can be downloaded from mymopar.com. Both manuals can be had in printed form from Faxon Auto Literature.

A pair of tail light lenses that fit and work cost around $100. I would suggest that you try Van's Auto Parts - same lenses for a bit better price. The pattern in the available lenses are a bit different than a Scamp - they are repops of 1970 Dart lenses. No one repops the Scamp lenses.

Welcome aboard! glad to have you. I found a dash for sale on here in really good condition. Like said they are a little work to install. Unfortunately, Its cracked already!! its been in the car for about 4 years this past winter we had a really really cold snap i went out to start the car and found a crack in my dash! Made me sick!! im not sure what im gonna do yet. Pull it back out and replace it, Try to repair it, or just live with it?

Welcome to FABO. A parts wanted ad here is a great place to find good used parts for your ride.

Hello all I am new to the threads but not sure where I would look for information on my new baby.

1971 Plymouth valiant scamp
Several questions I have are..

I need a new dashboard cover but the site all tell me it's some sort of carpet, however, the current cover is sun cracked vinyl...can anyone tell me what is true to the car?

Second question is there anywhere you can recommend to get extra tail lights? I was informed that I can't order them from a parts store but haven't ordered online as I want to make sure that if it's the wrong item I can return it.

Last question is can anyone suggest where I can find a owners Manuel for my car?

Thank you all in advance.
Welcome from sunny/hot Florida!

We have a member here who offers reproduction lenses for a lot of our cars. I believe his screen name is @Mexican Spec I tagged him so maybe he will chime in.

-
Back