I'm still alive....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I just got an e-mail asking basically where the Hell I've been. Easy....House Restoration. Makes rebuilding the Barracuda seem like a Revell model kit.

I haven't had the `Cuda out since Easter Sunday and I'm going into withdrawals... Once in a while I have to start it up and back it out of the garage to get to something and I've resisted the urge to get lost for a while. Maybe tonight I'll go to a local gathering up in Whitestone... provided I'm not shot to Hell.

Building cars produces a mess....
House_42410015-vi.jpg

A little elbow grease makes it nicer..... I asked my Buddy to come move his car and I put him to work for the day. :-D
House_42410016-vi.jpg

I'm trying to get all the outdoor work done before the weather gets too hot. Aside from cleaning the yard, me & my neighbor agreed to rip down both fences and install a new one after we nuke all the poison oak growing between the fences and cement a band to prevent it from coming back.

A rear door in going in where the window is on the right side. The motorcycle (which Amy has forbidden me from riding....) is going to a co-worker. We're also pouring cement footers for a small deck.
House_42410011-vi.jpg

Then we can start inside....

This is where my upstairs toilet blew-up and necessitated the replacement of the drain pipe. It also created a new hole in my kitchen ceiling, which is straight from the 70's, along with the rest of the house. Mucho work awaits us.
House_42410006-vi.jpg

House_42410008-vi.jpg

That's a set of Centerlines and slicks in my living room. Both my parents are pinwheeling in their graves right now. My Father will red line....

So that's where I've been.... Spending money like I'm printing it and working our asses off. Just looking forward to that first grilled meal being consumed on the back deck. And having room again.

See you guys when I get a chance. Enjoy the cruise season!

There aint nothing like a deck in the summer!! Also lots of pops and laughs building them too!! So whose fault on the toilet......the wifes right?? riiiiiiigght!!!!LOL As far as your parents go, it could be worse the bike could be in the living room!! I had a buddy do that all the time!! What is that?? Magna or Shadow?? Kinda looks like it might be early 80's magna. I had one before V30...kinda big for that now...need a 750 to haul my fat arse around. Keep yer eyes peeled for a cruiser style 750 for me. I'd love a rice rocket, but the back cant take it anymore.....comfort 1st speed 2nd on a bike. Enjoy the renos, I love that kind of $hit!!

4spd

I know that feeling of out dated decor............

Nothing a little blue paint wont fix. Just put a band of it between the red and white on the house....no stop. The blue will go on above the white. Need a seperation of the two darker colors. I learned that in the decorating class that i went to so as to check out the women. Try it sometime....no i mean the class...not the paint.
Small Block

If you're in need of someone to hold onto that 'Cuda to keep it safe and secure,just holler,that's my wifes favorite A Body !!!Good luck with your other projects !!!My wifes projects are finally starting to dwindle down,not that they'll ever stop mind you,but we're slowing down in our old age !!

Good to see you're alive and still kickin'. That ceiling will buff out.... (you know someone had to say it, lol). The house is looking good and be sure to keep us updated. That back deck will be awesome. I wish I had one and If I did, I'd be out there right now with my laptop and a big fat cup of coffee.

Glad to see your busy!I had taken out my diningroom window and installed a slider window,also built a 11x22 step deck.Sure made a difference!Cost was $1000 for all,not including the beer and pizza for my helping friends.Just a thought instead of the door,slider was $300.Easier for carring trays of BBQ food!LOL.
May 2007 055.jpg

May 2007 055.jpg

Amy likes the sliding doors, so we're getting sliding doors. Good idea! I was also planning on a small simple deck to hold a table, chairs, and a grill. Someplace I can sit and relax....Which isn't happening anytime soon!

The toilet was the domino theory in action: The old toilet was leaking at the wax seal and coming through the ceiling in the kitchen. Since the old toilet bowl had to come out, I bought a new, water efficient unit to replace it. Then the flange cracked...then the ceiling had to come out to replace the flange & pipe....and the tiles came up in the bathroom....

Today I had the aluminum siding pressure washed and I cleaned the foundation & trim before I painted it. I pulled off a piece of water damaged trim and found a leak into the porch. The puddle of water IN my porch extended my to-do list......and so it goes.

Just like the %$#@#$% car.....
:angry7:

-
Back