Not open for further replies.

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Contact seller
Well, I took the 66 out for one last ride before winter today. 50 MPH winds, driving rains and blustery conditions. Not because I wanted to have one last ride before it snows, but because I was attending a memorial service for a good friend who passed away this week. Joe Hall was his name, although everybody called him Mopar Joe. He was diagnosed with scirosis of the liver as an infant, and his parents were told he would not live more than a few days. That was 45 years ago. Maybe some of you know him, maybe not, but I hope you all know someone like him. In the 25 years I have known him, I could not tell you where he worked, what his other hobbies or interests were, or even much about his family. But I can tell you this, he lived and breathed Mopars. He was not an A body guy, or B body, or C,E, or M body guy, he was a Mopar guy. He was the kind of guy who always helped the other guys find the parts they needed, who always knew what you were working on and wanted to know what you were doing and where you were with your project. It was not uncommon to get a call out of the blue from him in New Mexico, Kansas, Carlyle, or wherever he was, telling you he had found the parts you needed, even if you didn't know you needed them yet. Yea, he had a lot of cars and projects pass through his hands, but he never talked about what he was doing with them, but he always wanted to know about yours. Fair, honest and friendly was the way he lived his life, and his only wish was that he be treated the same as he treated other people. In this day and age thats a precious quality not often extended by people. As I interact with people on this website, I have met a lot of good people like Joe on here, all willing to help others however they can, and it feels good!!! I hope you all have a Mopar Joe in your life, they are hard to come by and are Gods gift to us all. And if you ever get to meet him, he'll be willing to help you however he can. He'll be the one in the Daytona, the car he always wanted but never got a chance to own. Happy motoring Joe, I'll miss you bud!!! Geof

im tipping one to joe. hope he liked a cold one now and then. Sorry to hear you lost your friend.

Nice story thanks for sharing. Someone who listens to others talk instead of going off about them selves is a quality not found in many these days, sounds like your bud was a great guy! Take care

From the sound of it ,Joe was living every day as if it was his last. I wish I could have known your friend Mopar Joe. My most sincere condolences.

Here is to you cosgig,:rock: I would bet that Mopar Joe was happy knowing you and many others like you, Thank you for sharing this story with us.
I am sorry for your loss and it sounds like allot of good folks will miss him too.
You was blessed to have known a man like MoPar Joe cosgig:angel9:.

Sorry for your Loss! I am sure Joe is going to be deeply missed and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and you.

GOD bless you Joe!

I too lost my best friend Oct6 06, and I write this it feel like just yesterday that he died. John was the same kind of buddy, I would drag him all over the southeast to buy a part or root in some junkyard and he was allways there for me. I feel for yours and the Mopars hobby's loss in Joe.

On behalf of my family and all the members over at Mymopar.com,we send our thoughs and prayers for you and his family.Its a hard pill to swallow when a good one goes,but you and his family need to start living your lives like he did, to honour his memory this way,living every day like its your last and enjoying the people around,he will aways be part of you,and your freinds,and his family, Mr&Mrs.Mopartech

Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend Geof! Hes sounds like an extraordinary person to say the least. Mourning such a close friend has to be hard, but its really nice for you to share the story with us. People that leave such a special mark on the lives of those around them seems to be becoming more and more rare everyday. Im glad that you had someone like that in Joe. Even just knowing you the short time on here that I have, Id be willing to bet that a lot of the good you saw in him he also saw in you!!!

I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words and your thoughts and prayers. I think you guys are right, the Mopar Joes of the world rub off on you. I try to be fair and honest in all my endeavors as I can't hide behind a story or a lie, I'd rather stand behind the truth. I really enjoy this website for all of the good people here who share selflessly, enjoy each others cars, jokes and anything else anybody wants to talk about. I enjoy spending time here reading page after page of encouragement, praise and and the mutual satisfaction that everyone enjoys about this hobby. How do you explain Mopar to people who know nothing about them. To me, it's more than just a car or an old car hobby, it's a family of people who enjoy what has brought us all together and enjoy sharing it. You are all Mopar Joes in my eyes, and I thank you for sharing your time and knowledge, and a little bit of your lives with us all. Geof

Wow Geof.....So sorry to hear of your bud Mopar Joe passing.....people like that really leave a mark...................

Nice tribute to drive your car there...

Peace to you and his family

Amen there little bro on all the kind words for our friend Joe. He truely was a one of a kind guy and will be missed by everyone who knew him, even those who might have been in his path for his future endeavors. One thing you left out was that most who had there cars there took Joe ,his brother Tad and his son (Joes Nephew) for tribute rides to our friend. I think every car who took Joe for those rides have 1 or more parts on them from Joe or had Joes hands on them at one time or another. Thanks for the memories, the lending hands, the info when we needed it and mostly for your friendship!! God Bless You Joe!! RIP my friend.

Sorry For The Loss, He Sounded Like A Great Guy. I Feel Pretty Lucky To Have Good Friends, We Always Try To Help Each Other Out, It Is A Good Feeling. I Think We All Know A " JOE " In Our Life, He Will Be Missed.

sorry to learn of your losss,,,im glad you had a guy you could call a friend,, like you said truly hard to find these days,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back