In over my head

-
Working on our cars sometime can be frustrating,rust,bondo,missing parts,parts coming late.Sometimes I wonder why we do it almost better to buy someones else car all done ,but you don't know what ya really got. So keep at it all it takes time,money and the will power,you will do it.Good luck.

Usually they leave glitter on your skin and your wife will get mad when she see`s it. lol Oh different use of a stripper.

You ain't right...
1231_hysterically_laughing.gif
You sure you're not from the South?

Working on our cars sometime can be frustrating,rust,bondo,missing parts,parts coming late.Sometimes I wonder why we do it almost better to buy someones else car all done ,but you don't know what ya really got. So keep at it all it takes time,money and the will power,you will do it.Good luck.

Yeah I had one of those days where I didn't get much done. I did finish wire wheeling my dash and will start on the inside maybe Sunday. Thsn I can start making repairs and sanding the metal to get the heavy scratches out before priming and painting. I am using Rustloeum to paint with which I hate but it will look better than it did. I would like to find another dash thaat wasn't cut up to put the original radio back in but that will come later.

I have a question about the glove box door. Did they have a knob where you pull them open or did it have a regular latch?

I am in over my head most of the time to it seems , then I take a step back and look for the things I can do and hope that when the time comes the tools I need to move forward will show up, counting on my friends and two son's. I really like working alone as you can tell in my thread. Stay at it and enjoy one step at a time and with a little help now and then it will get better. I will need lower 1/4's also and by the time I get all my stages and updates dun I will be getting to the bad parts and hope on a shop will be built by then and get the young guns on it. I am blest to have a driver but I have seen it shut down for a few months during work that I wanted dun and it took forever it seems.
Keep at it and enjoy my friend :cheers: it will get there , That's what I say to myself anyway :-D

I am in over my head most of the time to it seems , then I take a step back and look for the things I can do and hope that when the time comes the tools I need to move forward will show up, counting on my friends and two son's. I really like working alone as you can tell in my thread. Stay at it and enjoy one step at a time and with a little help now and then it will get better. I will need lower 1/4's also and by the time I get all my stages and updates dun I will be getting to the bad parts and hope on a shop will be built by then and get the young guns on it. I am blest to have a driver but I have seen it shut down for a few months during work that I wanted dun and it took forever it seems.
Keep at it and enjoy my friend :cheers: it will get there , That's what I say to myself anyway :-D

That is great Mike. But on this car I am alone with no help from my sons. No big deal. Like you I get into doing work by myself and kind of zone out with nothing or no one around, it a good way to get away without leaving the house.

Post more pics; I did my 70 Duster, and almost through the rust bucket 69 Charger. We learned a lot.

Post more pics; I did my 70 Duster, and almost through the rust bucket 69 Charger. We learned a lot.

I will try to tomorrow I need to take them of what I did. I didn't get much done today.

I will try to tomorrow I need to take them of what I did. I didn't get much done today.
Same here old tired rebel, I am healing up from the axle seals and bearing I did on the 7 1/4 rear end I did by myself :sad: I wanted to do it myself because I could see how it is dun with the right tools, But I swear I did not think I would ever get the axles out :-s It sure felt good when I seen it start moving out :wav: 44 years in there and I seen and learned a bunch on that step. I had a friend just two miles up the road press the bearings and race on for me. Spent $45 on a harbor fright tool and it took me 2 weeks to get it dun :-s rain and wrong parts slowed me down.
We are in it for the long hall bud :wav:

Same here old tired rebel, I am healing up from the axle seals and bearing I did on the 7 1/4 rear end I did by myself :sad: I wanted to do it myself because I could see how it is dun with the right tools, But I swear I did not think I would ever get the axles out :-s It sure felt good when I seen it start moving out :wav: 44 years in there and I seen and learned a bunch on that step. I had a friend just two miles up the road press the bearings and race on for me. Spent $45 on a harbor fright tool and it took me 2 weeks to get it dun :-s rain and wrong parts slowed me down.
We are in it for the long hall bud :wav:

I think I am don for the weekend. I have to put in U joints in my Cordoba today and that will be in. I found muscles that weren't used since I worked in furniture.

Thanks Goldfish, I will have to look for one.
Wow!! I think I have one Give me this Strongend and if I find it I will get it to you. If I do find it just pm me your address and I will send it to you :thumbrig: clove box door and all if you need it. :wave:
Reply so you can get rid of your 666 post :thumbrig:

Thanks for the tip. But is the stripper hard to wash off afterward?
I use KleenStrip brand paint stripper, also called Aircraft Stripper. This is NASTY stuff but it works great for stripping paint and softening old body filler. Wear long sleeves and rubber gloves, this stuff will burn like fire if it touches skin. The residue will wash off of the clean steel with water. I usually give the panel a once over with acetone after the water just for good measure. You've got a lot of work ahead of you, don't underestimate your ability, you'll be surprised at what you didn't know you are good at. Look through some of the other threads for home made panels to get inspired. A lot of these guys, myself included, were first time fabricators by default. If you can't find good replacement panels and can't afford to pay somone else to do the work, you'll have to make them yourself. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Good luck. Please post more pic's from all angles plus interior and engine bay.

Cliff make up a list of parts you need and post them here. Anything I've got left over from my car that you need your more than welcome to no charge. Maybe other guys will chip in. I'll dig through my parts boxes and see what I got tomorrow.

We just went through this, with a 69 Charger; Some metal not availabile.
Between Harbor Freight, and Northern Tool; they have some brakes/rollers for under $500. We made all kinds of parts, off the sheetmetal left over from my Duster.

I use KleenStrip brand paint stripper, also called Aircraft Stripper. This is NASTY stuff but it works great for stripping paint and softening old body filler. Wear long sleeves and rubber gloves, this stuff will burn like fire if it touches skin. The residue will wash off of the clean steel with water. I usually give the panel a once over with acetone after the water just for good measure. You've got a lot of work ahead of you, don't underestimate your ability, you'll be surprised at what you didn't know you are good at. Look through some of the other threads for home made panels to get inspired. A lot of these guys, myself included, were first time fabricators by default. If you can't find good replacement panels and can't afford to pay somone else to do the work, you'll have to make them yourself. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Good luck. Please post more pic's from all angles plus interior and engine bay.

Thanks for the information about the Aircraft stripper. I will admit I have a lot to learn and will learn them as I go along. But I do know the /6 is coming out and a small block will go in. I don't know about making my own panels I am sure that will take the skill and patience that I might not be able to learn. I will be glad to take pictures at all angles and post them here.

Cliff make up a list of parts you need and post them here. Anything I've got left over from my car that you need your more than welcome to no charge. Maybe other guys will chip in. I'll dig through my parts boxes and see what I got tomorrow.

Thanks for the offer. I am waiting to get a price on motor mounts for a V8 from a member here,and I have located a 8.25 rear with 3.23 gears(open) and a 904 trans. I really don't know what I will really need yet. My floor shifter cover is decent I think I can glue the places where it's cracked and repaint.

The dash bezel can it be repainted with chrome paint?

We just went through this, with a 69 Charger; Some metal not availabile.
Between Harbor Freight, and Northern Tool; they have some brakes/rollers for under $500. We made all kinds of parts, off the sheetmetal left over from my Duster.

And never say "in over my head" with a Mopar; we will help. lol

Thanks for the advice and have gotten help here already. A lot has surprised me about my project so far and don't really know how to plan what needs to be done. It's kind of overwhelming see that a lot more needs to be done than originally though.

looking at your project.....knowing what i have to do with my car....all i can say is....WTF! Wow.....but to save it? priceless....

Sorry there hasn't been any updates. I spent yesterday at the Emergency Room with my oldest son who had a gall bladder attack. SDaturday I worked on my Cordoba nad I'm still not done.

-
Back