Indy 360-1 Cylinder heads on small block LA's

-
Sorry John, i put this together during a short break while working. After work i had to make preparations for a beer fest we celebrate this weekend ;-)

Sorry John, i put this together during a short break while working. After work i had to make preparations for a beer fest we celebrate this weekend ;-)

Your priorities are in the right place my friend..lol
BTW… you put a suitable cam in your engine it should yield a very nice gain
What does your car weigh with you in it?

Do you have to run custom pistons with the 360-1 s , thanks

no, they are 18 degree heads just like production heads. Only thing to consider is that these are closed chamber heads - can´t run a domed piston (must be flush with the deck or you have to adjust with the gasket).

Michael

the cnc´d version of the 360-1s are often leakers in the exhaust port as far as i know. I did some research because i want to run a set on my car, just bought a new, unmolested set that will be ported at IMM engine. Swap is planned during winter time, so no results at the moment.

Michael
I have been told that the new owners have adjusted the cnc program and fixed the problem. And I know a couple of people who purchased the un ported and had someone else port them. They turned out good as well.

Flow numbers from both sets of heads added to the spreadsheet in the racing section

My only caution wrt pistons would be to make sure the valve pockets can accommodate the 2.10/1.65 valve sizes that these heads use.

-
Back