INDY RHS heads

-
Hating on guys who like the iron heads (quality iron heads) is a very distasteful look...
Way to spin that. Complete opposite... and everyone knows that. Gave up getting hung up on 'one anything'. I'm talking about your rhs heads, not all iron heads.
Here's the spin... I made fun of one guy and his reaction...you say "guys".
I state a FACT , there are better heads than those rhs heads.

Last edited:
Ah the typical stuff.... so refreshing.

Yeah those cars at pomona with J heads that cost 4K from Wang and Little. Yep no problem Apples and oranges.

Back to ignoring this crap again. Have at it.

Way to spin that. Complete opposite... and everyone knows that. Gave up getting hung up on 'one anything'.
Sorry brother but the way the post read and cams off as was your a iron head hater. You routinely hate on & trash iron heads and if you believe otherwise, I think your the only one thinking this way.

Sorry brother but the way the post read and cams off as was your a iron head hater. You routinely hate on & trash iron heads and if you believe otherwise, I think your the only one thinking this way.

All my motors have ported iron heads...need I say anymore..?okay...maybe one more thing.... Buy eq heads, port stock ones.... just dont go on to a site and whine and ***** about not being able to get this one particular Iron Head as if it's the end all. I was joking half heartedly and look how quick a couple people, literally , got their feathers ruffled.

Ah the typical stuff.... so refreshing.

Yeah those cars at pomona with J heads that cost 4K from Wang and Little. Yep no problem Apples and oranges.

Back to ignoring this crap again. Have at it.
Hey seriously why do you even care? Do you get residuals from imm when you push them? You haven't had a running car since you've been on here. If you have something to say or wanna clear up...you have my number.

Last edited:
I just called Hughes and, without going into the whole conversation (since I would probably state something wrong), what I got out of the conversation was that:
  • The foundry doing the LA-X heads has gone under
  • This might effect the MA-X heads in the mid-term
  • Some other foundry has picked up some of the casting work and will be working towards making these in the future
  • There may be another source making some of these heads right now.....but I was unclear upon this final point, so take this last bit with a grain of salt.
Since all these sourcing channels can vary for different vendors, then this should not be taken as the exact situation for every SBM head vendor, IMHO.

I just called Hughes and, without going into the whole conversation (since I would probably state something wrong), what I got out of the conversation was that:
  • Some other foundry has picked up some of the casting work and will be working towards making these in the future
  • There may be another source making some of these heads right now.....but I was unclear upon this final point, so take this last bit with a grain of salt.
Since all these sourcing channels can vary for different vendors, then this should not be taken as the exact situation for every SBM head vendor, IMHO.

Uh oh

Here comes the falls...lmfao
I think I get it now, some ones bottom line is gonna take a dump. Makes sense with all the butthurtedness going on in this thread.

TRICKFLOW TIME!!

Hey I'm just getting some new heads, they are what I want and they will make me happy, I'm just so sorry that people have to start pissing and moaning, More and more this site is being occupied by a bunch of immature little kids.

Jeff

Sure makes things interesting. Because..........when I bought my LAX heads in 2010, the LAX and MAX heads were exactly the same casting and the only differences were they were machined for shaft rockers, LA intakes and LA valve covers, or Magnum rockers, Magnum intakes and Magnum rocker covers. I still have an early LAX head here on the shelf.

And I probably said it poorly.... I did not get the idea that the MA-X was not from the same failed foundry but that for some reason maybe the stock had not run out yet ... Not 100 percent sure why.

And I probably said it poorly.... I did not get the idea that the MA-X was not from the same failed foundry but that for some reason maybe the stock had not run out yet ... Not 100 percent sure why.

I'd guess most of the people who want the heads drilled for Magnum intakes are getting replacements for their '90s Dodge work truck in which case EQ's are a no-brainer over the RHS (cheaper), considering there's all but two carb'd intakes available for Magnums and what, 15+ available for LAs who would want to build a performance engine and not have all those options? I wouldn't have been able to put a non-Air-Gap intake on my Magnum if I hadn't used LA-based heads which stinks, already tried an Air Gap and I don't like them for street use except in warm weather which is <1/3 of the year where I live.

Just an update - he's using EQ castings and you can get them drilled in LA or Magnum as most everyone knows. My bad!

BTW, they are SWEET

head5.jpeg

head4.jpeg

head3.jpeg

head2.jpeg

head1.jpeg

Just an update - he's using EQ castings and you can get them drilled in LA or Magnum as most everyone knows. My bad!

BTW, they are SWEET

View attachment 1715330514

View attachment 1715330515

View attachment 1715330516

View attachment 1715330517

View attachment 1715330518
My point exactly, dont get hung up on one thing. Gezuz geniuses...

Yessir, cut to get me down to approx 10.3:1 on my setup.

-
Back