Insane airfares...

-

notenoughcash

Reaction score
WTH ? Did I miss something about airfares climbing thru the roof after the 1st ? I used to be able to go from San Antonio to Dulles for about $500 RT last year, just checked for a work trip and its $1200+ !:wack:

Thats planning 3+ weeks ahead for the 29th of Jan (Tuesday) return on Thursday. These are usually cheap days. Boy, work is gonna freak when I expense this one.....damn man.

Anyone have a clue as to why ? Did I miss a holiday ?

WTH ? Did I miss something about airfares climbing thru the roof after the 1st ? I used to be able to go from San Antonio to Dulles for about $500 RT last year, just checked for a work trip and its $1200+ !:wack:

Thats planning 3+ weeks ahead for the 29th of Jan (Tuesday) return on Thursday. These are usually cheap days. Boy, work is gonna freak when I expense this one.....damn man.

Anyone have a clue as to why ? Did I miss a holiday ?

The news has been talking about one of the airline companies that is going to be belly up this year. I don't recall which one but it is a big one.

My round trip flight to Austria in about a week is $5,600. That would buy a nice A body. My hotel room is about $250 a night. Good thing I'm not paying for it. LOL

i just checked on thursday and it was still $1560. for Denver to New Delhi ....hard to imagine a domestic flight costing almost as much as a ride half way around the planet

Geez, I thought being here on FABO, it would be Obama's fault.

I been using Travelocity for years and get some really good prices when I need to travel by plane which is rare as I love driving. If there was a path to Europe, I'd drive there :)

Just checked with Travelocity last night, a flight from Medford Oregon which is 30 miles from my home and a small airport to Miami Florida with 1 stop is $451. round trip, not bad since I have a car there

-
Back